Thank You Stripers247 for this new forum! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Kayaking Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Kayaking Stripers A forum for the YAK'rs out there.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Thank You Stripers247 for this new forum!

We appreciate 247 for creating this forum. My name is Jeff Lopez and have been chasing Stripers in and around Boston Harbor for many years. I found the kayak two years ago while on a trip to Cancun Mexico. I saw a couple of locals who fished out of the kayak every morning from my window in the hotel. Being a curious person that I am I went down to the launching point when they landed, although my spanish is bad for being half mexican and half irish, the red snapper and wahoo that were in their yaks was enough to communicate. I knew when I got back to the states that this was it. I did some research and on the net when I got back and found a few websites and forums to attain information and aks questions. I noticed a large base in New Jersey, New York, Florida and California. I got suggestions on what to buy and I went to a local store to buy my first. I have been hooked ever since. I have fished all over New England all the way down to trips to Florida. I have found a freedom in the kayak.

The kayak gives us the ability of stealth. You get to places that others cannot. Nothing is more fun then having a large bass give you a tow! I hope that this forum can help others with education and safety in this sport.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2004, 02:14 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Now be good in here, or else I'll put ya on restriction ;)

I gotta give you Mod. permissions, I'll do that now. You'll notice your Title will change, and you'll have access to the Moderators Only forum.

Cant wait to see some more of your pics :)

Old 09-05-2004, 02:33 PM

Thanks JB for setting this up. We hope to get you all here converted to a kayak or to the "dark side" if you will. We must say that the dark side is strong! :twisted:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2004, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks JB for setting this up. We hope to get you all here converted to a kayak or to the "dark side" if you will. We must say that the dark side is strong!
The process has begun with this forum, another place to brag of our adventures :twisted:
Old 09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Do you guys keep all the fish you catch? Or do you put some back?

Old 09-05-2004, 03:52 PM

If we kept all the fish we would have a wharehouse full of keeper size bass. I have kept three fish all year to feed neighbors and make new friends. I have kept a 31lber, 35lber, 41lber. I am all set for the rest of the year unless I can top the 41lber. Not bragging just enjoying fishing off the kayak.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:06 PM

Thanks guys.Gotta love yak fishing.Fishin buds call me Lefty,been flyfishing for 30 years.Bought a small sink 2 months ago for largemouth fishing on Cape Ann.First time I put it in the salt I caught a 6 lb. blue on the fly rod and got towed all over the place.I've been hooked ever since.Just got a bigger yak for bigger waterand can't get enough of it! :D
Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM

hookin one of them fish in the kayak=trolling motor
Old 09-06-2004, 04:16 PM

I caught a 6 lb largie from a kayak at my lakehouse, on 12 lb test, so I had no drag set, that fish pulled me around all day. That was fun!

The reason why I have 12 pound test is in case I hook into one of the 2 foot pickerals.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:03 PM

A 6lb larry is a nice bass. Even better on the kayak.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:53 PM

Did I say brag? I meant to say enthusiasticly share our adventures
Old 09-07-2004, 12:33 AM

don't worry about braggin, if I was gettin all those big stripeys I'd be braggin too 8)
Old 09-07-2004, 02:27 PM

Jeff is always looking for another place to post his pixs, the only problem the rest of us have, is coming to work and seeing Jeff's mug holding another cow every other day. Rid, I am glad to see that aviator pix, as I still laugh thinking about taking that shot and seeing the wave coming through the view finder.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:42 PM

That was a trip Gary. Nothing like tumbling in the surf that day. lol
Old 09-07-2004, 10:24 PM

Default Kayakers

You guys got me really intriqued by these kayaks, Seems like I'd be nuts not to add it too my arsenal. :twisted: A question but first background.
I have a canoe with battery and trolling motor but its a b__ ch to transport.

I have an off road extend cab short bed frontier. Currently shopping around for a small versatile boat like an 18 foot pontoon.
Now I'd like to add a kayak. (I know I have a lot to learn about them) I know nada.

A light decently made kayak that I can transport easily with the pickup.
Budget lets say 500 to 1000.

Possible?