Merrimack River /Plum Island 9/8-9/13 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 09-14-2005, 09:36 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Merrimack River /Plum Island 9/8-9/13

Ok seeing as the Majority wants the reports, I'll post...

Water temp Hight tide average 61 Barometer 30.00 and steady Air temp 75 Winds E/SE @ 10

First off congratulations to Jonny bolt on the capture (and release) of his personal best striper 35.5 LBS... I posted the wrong pic in the album, Ill correct it tomorrow and add it to this post....

Both beach and river fishing has been either red hot or Ice cold, the fish feed heavy for short periods of time, mainly top and bottom of the tides,middle of either tide seems to be the dead zone.... the river is still giving up some real nice fish that have been getting fatter on the pogies in the river, fish that were weighing in the mid to high twenties are topping the 30lb mark...

Beach front fishing is hot and cold as well, the fish are surely on the move,bait is plentifull if not overabundant....

tight lines
Roc
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 04:46 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

OK here are the pics from last night:
Old 09-14-2005, 04:52 PM

JB awesome fish. Thats a brute.
WTG roccus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 06:11 PM

NICE!

Sounds shweet :)
Old 09-14-2005, 07:06 PM

Great fish guys! WTG! It's nice to see the reports coming in again. Hey Roc how far out of salisbury do I have to go in order to land some good cod/haddock, is it time yet?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:17 PM

NICE FISH!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:30 PM

wtg JB
Old 09-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Lunker

Default Nice work JB!

Where is the big smile Johhny? That is sweet!
Old 09-15-2005, 01:14 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Thanks doods Roc snapped her quick lol, cuz I had her out of the watah, but the digital scale was bein a twunt to us....so I lowered her back in and started lunging her, then Roc says "oh I got the scale workin, its on!". So I'm like oh crap.....she started to leave me LMAO...and I had her by the TAIL with one hand HAHAHA. 35 pound fish, and here I am holding on to her broomtail LMAO. I picked her back up for a quick weigh-in so we could be sure it was the reckid breakah...

Believe me, I was high on adrenaline, but I maintained my composure cuz there was several boats around us...and I'm smart enough to keep it toned-down so we dont get any new fans HAHA

She was an ol' doggah boy...she's gun grow up to be one mean 70 pound bitch. That is if some dork doesnt keep her to show off at the local bait shop AAAHAHAHAHAAAA. Alot of nice fish like this get robbed from the water for stupid tournaments like the Suds N Soda one.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:19 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Last night:

pretty much the same conditions as the night before,except for a howling S/W wind, 20-25....so to Jonny's surprise i annchored up, but the point I chose has been hot on the out going tide, a combination creek mouth, channel edge,so rather than get PO'd about the wind I decided to play the odds, it payed off,it wasnt a slammer but we got a few fish and missed a few others, there was alot less bait and fewer bass, my guess they left!

Here's a pic of the only decent fish we got last night

As per usual live eels were the bait of choice...

On cod, ther are always a few around the hampton shoal ledges... but in about two weeks the hampton shoal ledges, whale back and S/W hump will have cod and a few haddock.... word is from the tuna guys... the doggies are back woof woof
Old 09-15-2005, 10:52 AM

Roc, the "Dock Schoolies" went kookoo fa cuckoo puffs when I threw me Mistah Bunkah rattlah LMAO. I forgot my friggin Gerber, and the fish were attacking it so rapidly, it would take me almost 5 minutes to de-hook em HAHAA. I had ta give up. REAL small fish, one of em was luck to be 10 inches LOL

Old 09-15-2005, 12:27 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

JB...why didnt you grab a hook disgorger from my boat..... one of 'em was in a holder in the bait tank...the pliars are on the starboard side of the console...

I told ya they love that thing.... just the right size for what they was eatin'
Old 09-15-2005, 12:35 PM

I knew wheya the gear was, I just dont touch anybodies ess-H-eye-T when they aint around, just a policy I have lol. Unlike alot of folks, I learned young...stayed with me.

The little runts were chasin it right up the surface...kissin it, whackin it, slappin it, have a good ol time. One of em rode it so haaaahd that the rear trebles ended up behind a gill and the front ones in his face. Thats tha same lure I caught the first runt of the year on when we were up tha Bone Zone lmao. Its great fer tha falls when its cold out and ya just wanna catch the last bunch of fish before OL' MAN WINTAH COMES TA GIT YA!!!!

Old 09-15-2005, 12:43 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Old man wintah!
Old 09-15-2005, 12:47 PM

Nice fish Johnny. It's a brute. Congrads.