Albany Corning Preserve Launch Disaster in the Making - Page 9 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Albany Corning Preserve Launch Disaster in the Making

To my fellow boaters/fishermen/women...As this goes forward and things unfold as they may, I just want to remind all to keep in mind the boating rules while under way.The last thing we need is for someone to get hurt out there. I'm sure as pressure rises that things may get a little heated.Please keep your cool out there. Now back to this buisness of the launch site. Keep up our media blitz. we need to staet contacting DOT. I believe Stratton is the head guy there?(old Mayor for Sch'dy) Flood nthere office Monday Morning with phone calls...Lets try that angle. If someone knows or can get there # and post on here that would be great...Tight lines

Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivesons1 View Post
To my fellow boaters/fishermen/women...As this goes forward and things unfold as they may, I just want to remind all to keep in mind the boating rules while under way.The last thing we need is for someone to get hurt out there. I'm sure as pressure rises that things may get a little heated.Please keep your cool out there. Now back to this buisness of the launch site. Keep up our media blitz. we need to staet contacting DOT. I believe Stratton is the head guy there?(old Mayor for Sch'dy) Flood nthere office Monday Morning with phone calls...Lets try that angle. If someone knows or can get there # and post on here that would be great...Tight lines

This is very good advise and a great idea. Need the # for DOT.& Stratton
Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Striper Hunter

Good work guys! The city put up an electronic sign that reads "USE ALTERNATE LAUNCHES, PARKING LIMITED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION"
LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Striper Hunter

Not being from the area and never having used the launch, do I have this right? Public launch, a club whose website lists the launch as clubhouse.Stores eqiup on site. Installs own docks. And has attitude? All this at a publicly owned and funded facility. WOW
Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoseidon View Post
Good work guys! The city put up an electronic sign that reads "USE ALTERNATE LAUNCHES, PARKING LIMITED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION"
LOL
It should read DUE TO ALBANY ROWING CLUB WASTING SPACE.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:30 PM
First Mate @ Ace Charters

The Commissioner would be Joan McDonald ...

Might want to try this guy... works for the "Investigations Bureau"

Robert Keihem 457-6446

Also here is a link for DOT contacts...

https://www.dot.ny.gov/divisions
Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Striper Hunter

Went down today to see what it looks like after reading the reports... WORSE than I thought! Barely enough rrom to get the truck and trailer out after launching and you might be able to park 10 trailers down there.. Where is everyone going to launch this year? WTF!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Striper Hunter

Angry Re: Albany Corning Preserve Launch Disaster in the Making

There should be a traffic cop put at Corning and Henry Hudson. The overflow is gonna be crazy. Then if ya wanna make some money and you own a tow truck park down at the Rensselaer Or Troy launch to pull all the stuck cars and truck's out. What a God Dam mess this is. BIG BROTHER SUCKS
Old 04-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Official Member

Its really a shame, put up a sign that will shut em up for a while, the construction has temporary barriers and I believe thats really temporary.
Chain link fencing with gates is "less temporary" being the capitol of NY and this being a representative of the policy is a wonder why the Albany legislature is mocked at.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 PM
cat daddy

I was sitting here wondering what everyone's thoughts are about this parking issue at this launch,is this going to be a big damper on the ale house tourney?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
I was sitting here wondering what everyone's thoughts are about this parking issue at this launch,is this going to be a big damper on the ale house tourney?
What do you think? Read the whole thread, people are pissed off and have every right to be. You paid for it now it's mine, and I will tell you how to use it. That is pretty much what it is. to hell with the recreational user. It's not even hot and heavy yet and the boat launch I use was packed yesterday. It usually is empty this time of year.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 AM
Striper Hunter

After reading this thread it seems to me that a little HILLBILLY JUSTICE needs to be taken there. A few years ago on a public lake up north a small group of summer people decided they didn't want locals and other fisherman using the launch where they had there association beach so they decided to put up a fence and a gate so there would be no access even after being informed that other people had it written in there deeds to there property they had access to use the launch. One evening a few of these property owner hooked there trucks to the gate and it was never seen again. These groups get together and think they can push the little people around just because they put a little pressure on the local politicians to back them , well we need to stand up to them before all our rights disappear . Its sad that a few paddle pushers can upset the people that have payed for this with there tax dollars I'm sure there is another spot on the river they could set up shop with a little work and some of there club money.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Striper Hunter

only camera I see is on the lamp post at the right side of the lot if your facing the water.

just saying.

personally if my father let me borrow the boat and I had alot of time, I would spend a day parked along side the section of fense that opens/closes. if I remember correctly, there isnt any No Parking signs where that section of fence is. "I am just waiting to launch"...
Old 04-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Official Member

Anybody launch at Albany today? I plan on going tomorrow and would appreciate any feedback.
I totally disagree with any hillbilly justice, just makes us look like the a******'s that we are. Plus there would be hell to pay and the place would probably be totally shut down, except for the rowers.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie the j View Post
Anybody launch at Albany today? I plan on going tomorrow and would appreciate any feedback.
I totally disagree with any hillbilly justice, just makes us look like the a******'s that we are. Plus there would be hell to pay and the place would probably be totally shut down, except for the rowers.
Launched there today, they do currently have up a sign asking boaters to use the Rensselaer or Bethlehem launch. Parking is a bitch, and cars parking in trailer only spots only made it worse. Good luck, river is still very dirty