Albany Corning Preserve Launch Disaster in the Making - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Albany Corning Preserve Launch Disaster in the Making

The Guy We need to send leters and phone calls to is Stratton. The old Mayor of Schenectady. He is now in charge of dot and canal system(locks). If there are sculls in this fenced in area then I doubt DOT would allow them in there just for liabilty let alone theft responsibility. Unless they have an in with straton???? Quick get started with all we can do to get this more boater/fisherman friendly.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Striper Hunter

Is it sad that I'm already looking forward to catching the first striper of the year when I get back? Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Not sad, addicted is more the term.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Striper Hunter

Hey guys, Im only able to get out on sundays due to work schedule in the spring, it sucks but it is what it is. My question for you is, I am planning on going out this sunday I normally launch at corning, I have a 21' boat and was wondering if you think it would be possible to still launch there? Or can anyone recommend another launch other than henry Hudson. I would rather stay north more and not have to motor all the way back up from henry Hudson. Thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Striper Hunter

WOW Just came from Corning and it definetly looks like the crew has taken over. It's a shame for the people who launch there and have paid for it also. That is just down right WRONG. What do you think couold be done to right the wrong????
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd7766 View Post
Hey guys, Im only able to get out on sundays due to work schedule in the spring, it sucks but it is what it is. My question for you is, I am planning on going out this sunday I normally launch at corning, I have a 21' boat and was wondering if you think it would be possible to still launch there? Or can anyone recommend another launch other than henry Hudson. I would rather stay north more and not have to motor all the way back up from henry Hudson. Thanks a bunch

Id say rensselaer, but your going to want a high tide to get in and out. IMO Henry Hudson is the best launch. Easy in and out. Tons of parking
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM
First Mate

Quote:
I launched my 19' center console by myself there and it was fine. It was all outgoing tide which made it easier as I was able to tie to the large concrete piling and let the tide drift my boat away from the steel decks. If it was incoming tide it would be a little trickier, but doable as you would have to swing your boat around to tie up. Good luck!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Official Member

hey jeff, the problem isn't the launching its exiting the launch and parking. I would think this sunday shouldn't be too bad as the run hasn't started yet in full and given the conditions of the river with the recent rain a lot of people probably won't go. I plan to try tomorrow (sat) and will let you know. if it looks like a zoo I will just continue on to HH.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I have been using this launch for a few years now and would like to still be able to do so. But will travel else where is need be. I just like how easy it is to get herring up north more.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Official Member

I wonder if they troll behind those sculls?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 PM
cat daddy

With all the talk about the Albany boat launch I had to check it out,and let me tell you that it was shocking to see this.The first thing to come to my mind was how rude of a message they we're sending not just the fisherman ,but anyone who uses this launch.They are basically telling us that they dont really want us using that launch.I keep my boat on the docks but I do launch it myself,so how am I suppose to do that now when I have to park a mile away.Also the parking is going to be rediculous ,they really need to reconsider what they are doing to the people that use this launch.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Striper Hunter

So if im not alone and can launch and have someone in the boat while I go park the truck I should be alright?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:08 AM
First Mate

Quote:
So if im not alone and can launch and have someone in the boat while I go park the truck I should be alright?
yes
Old 04-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Official Member

Launched today at noon, left at 3:30, pretty empty. No fish.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Striper Hunter

Gentlefishermen, On the subject of Cornings....If we can all start wrighting and calling the local news channels/stations to look into this ,maybe we can get this moving a little faster than trying to call the Mayor or Stratten??IDK It is worth the try. Thing tend to move a little quicker when they get involved?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Striper Hunter

fivesons your right. I called the mayors office Friday and the secratery said the city owns the launch and I explained what was going on down there and she had no idea what was happening. Never got a call back either. Time to call ALL the news channels. I have an idea of standing there with a petition for all boaters to sign, then presenting it to the people who don't know what's going on. Goverment first our guns now our right to use what taxpayers paid for. What do ya think??