Gonna go get skunked again tomorrow. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-20-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Gonna go get skunked again tomorrow.

Looks like the rain here might hold off until afternoon, so I'm definately going out in the morning to extend my skunk streak to 10 trips in a row.

I'm going to stop by the bait shop after work tonight and waste some more money on clams, maybe pick up some sand worms for tog while I'm there. I wonder how well clams will hold up in the fridge overnight if I seal em tight in a ziplock? Wouldn't want em to go bad before I can throw em in the ocean. Might piss the wife off though if they stink as bad as people say they do. I wouldn't know 'cause my nose doesn't work. Might be better to just keep em on ice in the cooler overnight??

Heck,, I might as well just bypass the bait shop and go throw the money directly in the ocean. That would be just about as productive. :evil:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Lunker

:) positive thoughts breed positive energy :)
Old 05-20-2005, 04:42 PM

Right!! It's called "fishing" NOT "catching". I keep telling myself that. I've been boiling over with positive energy everytime I go out and just get shot down.

Now I'm falling back on what's kept me sane in the business world. "Expect the worst, do what you can to prevent it, and you'll be happy if it turns out better than you expected." "Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed when you get nothing"

I'm not a pessimist, just a realist. I know that fish aren't obligated to bite just because I throw bait at them. Why should I expect them to?

NOTE: I AM still going fishing tomorrow, regardless. I could have just busted my poles in half and said to hell with it, like I wanted to, but I haven't. I think that deserves a little credit. :)
Old 05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Lunker

sounds as if you have all those positve thoughts working over time!

go out & kill that skunk...i want to see a POSITIVE report on monday!!!

have a great week-end, jacob! :D
Old 05-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Thanks! You too!
Old 05-20-2005, 05:21 PM

IT DAMN WELL BETTER BE A POSITIVE REPORT JACOB, OR SO HELP ME!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Veteran

Be positive, or dont go. Go on days that you feel good about it.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Morning

Tomorrow may not be as bad as first reported... try and get out early and you might just have some luck, if you fish stone bridge get some advice from the locals... they have been doing pretty well over there. If the wind is not blowing I'll be out at 5am and then possibly heading out for a cruise with Briggs..
Old 05-20-2005, 09:36 PM

I'll be out by 5 at the latest myself. I'm supposed to be at work at 9, but I might blow it off if things heat up at all. Did Briggs get his boat in yet?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:49 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

be positive...I gave ya the opertunity....all ya had ta do is drive north!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:06 PM

Default His boat goes in tomorrow

He might get a chance to post tonight and reply but as of the last time I spoke with him the boat goes in tomorrow morning, depending on his schedule we might get out for a cruise aroud the bay. We have some pretty nice calm weather tonight and I'd make a night trip if my wife didn't have a night out with the girls.... I will wake her up nice and early when I leave though I think I'll even change all the clocks a few hours so she thinks it's later than it is. lol
Old 05-21-2005, 06:57 AM
Veteran

Some nice pictures on the peo pod site
Old 05-21-2005, 10:13 AM

Got up this morning at 4 had a cup of coffee and looked outside. It wasn't pouring so I hightailed it down to Stone Bridge in Tiverton. It was shortly after 5 when I made my first cast, quiet morning, only one other guy out there. I put out one rig with a nice sized clam on it and another with sand worms set up for tog. By 6:30 it was literally shoulder to shoulder. No one catching anything, just everyone getting lines crossed up and and fighting in languages I don't understand. Last time I'll ever go there I think.

I pulled out and headed down to the mouth of the Westport river, east bank. Much better environment, a couple fishermen scattered randomly down the beach. Found a spot a little sheltered from the wind by big rocks and set up camp shortly after 7. I was planning to blow off work today if I so much as got a nibble by 9 am, but that didn't happen, so I packed up and headed in to work. Where, smelling like clams and kicking sand off my boots at the door, I looked back over my shoulder at Skunk Trip #10 of 2005, and smiled.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:45 AM

Hahahah! Thats too bad. Good story! haha.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:28 PM

Default We gotta get you a bass

Baitrunner, sounds like a crazy morning for ya. I think when the weather is called for a nicer day the crowd can be made up of more locals. That rip does produce some bass and big ones at that. Keep smiling briggs and I will make sure we get you on them soon. I don't have any planned trips because of the weather and I have been calling them at the last minute but when time and schedule permits maybe you and Briggs and myself can get out there and reel a few in.

I'll post a trip report soon

Keep smiling and get the grill warm, bass in on your way soon