Cape Cod Canal - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. > Shorebound - Surf Beginners
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Shorebound - Surf Beginners Information for the Shorebound angler

Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
My Fishing Cape Cod

Default Cape Cod Canal

From everything I've seen and heard, the fishing at the Cape Cod Canal has died down a bit-compared to the bonanza we experienced last week.
With that said there are still some nice bass being caught. I would imagine that the bulk of the school has moved north into Cape Cod Bay and possibly beyond.

Often times great fishing takes place in the Bay after a big push of bass moves through the canal. Obviously it is inherently difficult to forecast where bass decide to go, however the past few seasons in particular have provided me with at least a few clues as to the best areas in Cape Cod Bay to begin the hunt for these migrating cow bass.

Even though the fishing in the ditch has died down, it should only be matter of days to a week before the next big push of bass decides to move through. If they behave as in past seasons, superb fishing should last for around three days before the majority of the biomass moves north-like last week's large push.

Right now there are pogies, herring, mackerel and a cornucopia of other bait fish in the canal. The stage is certainly set for another blitz sometime very soon.

Was anyone on this board able to take part in last week's bonanza?

Hopefully we'll get another shot at some nice quality fish in the big ditch sooner than later.

Tight lines,

Captain Ryan Collins

Last edited by Miss Loretta Fishing; 05-23-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: I made some mistakes with my spacing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Cape Cod Canal

Yes I was able to get in on the blitz conditions,and yes it was really good.Was at W end from stony pt dike to maritime and it was nonstop from near dawn to appx noon fri. Also day before ,and from what I heard sat too,- but dense fog ,canal vessels of all sizes,and only gpsplotter no radar and I didnt chance it ,
Anything was working ,poppers ,walk the dogs,rubber shad,tubes,kastmasters,didnt matter.and they were bigger than anything I have caught this yr .20 to 30 lb for me and others had 40 s.
I have been fortunate to be on the water most every day in may at many places .Dont let the weatherman scare you away ,ITS TIME !!!!!!!!!
Dave
Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 PM
My Fishing Cape Cod

Default Re: Cape Cod Canal

Nice! Great work!