Rod Spec's - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Official Member

Default Rod Spec's

Hi all. Have been reading now for a couple of days. Fantastic depth of information here. Great beginners section - thanks

I have a question that is probabally answered before, however have not put it together in the old noggin just yet. I am looking to get into surfcasting/jetty fishing/pier fishing. I am not new to fishing - just new to the salt

So my questions are more on specification rather than actual product.

What is the ideal spec for a Surfcaster for Bait Vs for plugging. What are the real difference between bait Vs plugging rod?. (Is it just weight/length?)

Similiar to the above for Rods - are there diferent spec's for reels

For Jetty/pier fishing, Are the rods typically strong enought to lift the fish up - looks to me like its a recipe for a "Snap" especially on the higher piers? No many options but wind that sucker up right?

How many different setups are ideal. I don't plan on being on a boat - all shore/jetty/inlet type stuff.

Thanks all - Want to get ready for fall fishing.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement