braided question ????? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 PM

Default braided question ?????

Gentlemen and striper fishermen;

my question:

I'm about to place braided line 60 -80# test on a Penn Senator 113H. Any suggestions regarding:
-Spooling
-Backing
-knots braid to braid
-knots braid to mono
-brand of braid
-amount needed 113H holds 475yds 30# mono.
Appreciate your feed back.
I'm also posting this question to the forum.

Bay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: braided question ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by folgerrl View Post
Gentlemen and striper fishermen;

my question:

I'm about to place braided line 60 -80# test on a Penn Senator 113H. Any suggestions regarding:
-Spooling
-Backing
-knots braid to braid
-knots braid to mono
-brand of braid
-amount needed 113H holds 475yds 30# mono.
Appreciate your feed back.
I'm also posting this question to the forum.

Bay
have it spooled at a shop. they will back it for you (make sure they don't overdo it on the backing to save braid) careful, as the larger # spools of braids tend to stay on the shelves for a long period of time and although it is sturdy, heat/cold imo, takes it's toll on the chit. a 500yd spool of 65# PP may just suffice with mono backing. if spooling at a shop you will wanna dump it off the boat till it's almost gone and pack it on wet before using it. "or pack the 500yd spool on wet. (roc's suggestion of a bucket of water with a dowel the size of inside dia. of bucket to hold spool seems the logical way to do it)
braid to braid? i see no reason for it but for emergency splicing of it for some reason and well, i pass on that one.
braid to mono - alberto knot - will take a few try's to get it right with 65# and fluoro. but i'm fussy about the knot to begin with.
the "slim beauty" is used with success as well.
Power Pro is my choice.
most definately will have other suggestions but 65# power pro has lasted 4 seasons at least on some of my baitfishing gear.