please help me plan my fishing trip - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Hampshire
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Hampshire New Hampshire striped bass fishing discussion & reports

Old 06-17-2009, 10:11 AM
swabbie

Default please help me plan my fishing trip

Hi folks,

Last year my son and I went on our first father/son fishing trip and we had a blast. We went to the area I spent my summers as a kid: Long lake in Maine. If anyone is interested, I have some pics from the trip here:

clickety

It's supposed to be an annual thing but biz is really slow so I'm not sure if it will happen or not this summer... but I want to plan for it anyway - we will go in early August.

I have a bigger boat now and I want to be striper hunting for sure . I'm looking for a place that would be a nice area to spend the weekend with launches and waters that aren't too challenging. I'd love to have a chance at some easy fishing - let me clarify that: a friend of mine does his fishing in an area where if the kids get bored he throws the hook and gets them fishing for scup... and they usually slay them and have a blast.

I would consider my home waters to be the Merrimack and Piscataqua rivers and for this trip I'd like to head north.

I know what you all are thinking (those of you familiar with my posts anyway) - this guy can't even catch fish in his regular spots, why the heck does he want to visit unfamiliar ones??? Well, it's just fun to take a trip with my son. The fishing on last years trip was lousy but we still had an awesome time!

Now I'm not asking for fishing spots, I just want a good area to visit for a weekend... even so it might be best to PM me if you want to suggest something

I'd really appreciate some input on this
Thanks
Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned

Default Re: please help me plan my fishing trip

How's this for a little hand holding.

http://www.google.com/webhp?sa=N&hl=...fp=leBsIIJAIN0

I am sure you could have done this and had an idea of where to go in a shorter amount of time for you to make that post!

Tight Lines.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:34 PM
swabbie

um, I'm not looking for any hand holding and I'm not looking to fish the Merrimack.... that's where I fish NOW. I'm trying to plan a trip and I was hoping to get some help from the [mostly] nice people here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

North i do not know but I know there are many locations on Cape with dail launch fees on the bay side which in general provides gentler waters and moving fish.

The bluefish have started to show up in close to shore it doesn't get any easier than that literally throw tins as fast as you can reel em and your son will be hooked up if they are around.

I am not too familiar with any thing north of you. Hope you get some good info.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcv View Post
um, I'm not looking for any hand holding and I'm not looking to fish the Merrimack.... that's where I fish NOW. I'm trying to plan a trip and I was hoping to get some help from the [mostly] nice people here.
If being straight forward is not being nice than I guess I am not nice however the fact of the matter remains is you could have had your question answered and itinerary planned had you taken the time to research on your own!

If you want to try something different and get a chance at some good stripers with your kids try boston harbor. Go find some mackeral (which are around and if your interested I can give you a pm with general location) jig them up with a mack jig and throw them in the livewell. Then go find a decent rip (I can also provide a couple suggestions that should be decent)

Not a bad idea and its reasonably close....
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
swabbie

jon006,

First of all, thank you for the info.

Second, you're not just being straight forward you are giving me flack. If you read my entire post you would learn that I'm looking for a nice place to head off to for a weekend. I will definitely try Boston harbor sometime but I want to head north (also said that in my post). In your first reply you gave me search info for the Merrimack river which I clearly stated as my home waters.

I am not an idiot. I am not too lazy or too stupid to do a search. I posted this thread because I want opinions from Striper 247 members from New England that might like to help me out.

You obviously were irritated that I just didn't do a search. Telling someone they need hand holding is insulting and something you wouldn't normaly say to a person face to face.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
North i do not know but I know there are many locations on Cape with dail launch fees on the bay side which in general provides gentler waters and moving fish.

The bluefish have started to show up in close to shore it doesn't get any easier than that literally throw tins as fast as you can reel em and your son will be hooked up if they are around.

I am not too familiar with any thing north of you. Hope you get some good info.
I did intend to head north but I've never been to the cape and I'm probably missing out. I imagine that besides the good fishing, it would also be a nice place to spend some time.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely consider it.