New aquarium (new vids added 11/26) - Page 8 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:14 AM

I was thinking something in the 20 gallon range,, maybe a little bigger. We'll see. I haven't really done much shopping yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2006, 12:04 PM

I've seen a good amount of puffers when I was in Curacao, snorkeling. Puffers, Cowfish, which are basically puffers, but are white with black spots, tons of Parrott Fish, Moray eels, Scorpion Fish, etc. And I saw the best of all: The Queen Triggahfish.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:18 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Cool. A 20g is a great size to start with. I think most people start with 10 gallon tanks. I know I did when I was younger. But a 20 gives you a little "cushion" and a few more options. Try a Penguin Bio-Wheel filter by the way. I wish they had them when I was into freshwater aquariums back along.

Kev did ya see any Atlantic Pygmy Angel's???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2006, 03:28 PM

Bait too bad you werent down my way. i got a 55 gallon that Im gettin rid of. No room. When i store them in the shed they inevitably get broken. I have a 90 gallon thats takin its place.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:31 PM

Hey Jim you gonna have sumthin to look at in a few weeks??? What fish ya gut?

Old 01-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Everythings empty and broken down JB. Its PIA mixing the salt weekly.
I may just use the 90 gallon for all freshwater. Like swordtails and mini puffers. Ill let the swordtails drop babies. Each female has about 100 each month. Most get eaten though unless you provide heavy cover. lol Nice color with red and yellow swordtail. little green puffers and black mollies. :)
Old 01-07-2006, 04:39 PM

Ya, it does suck doin weekly water changes. I did that for awhile. Then I went to every 2 weeks. Now I just do almost 2/3 every 3 weeks. I like doin one big as opposed to small weekly ones.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bolt
Kev did ya see any Atlantic Pygmy Angel's???
JB, I saw tons of tha little suckahs. Especailly right around the rock walls, small little guys, but they schooled, there'd ba about 30-40 together at a time, at least. It was awesome! Cute little buggers.

Only thing that sucks is sometimes, you get tiny little stings on you, that turned into little welts. Well, if you felt one, ya better move, more are sure to come. Sometimes, through the goggles, you'll see the little comb jellys, very small and clear, you'll lose em if you try to focus on them though. Stung like the devil!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
Now I just do almost 2/3 every 3 weeks
The problem with that for me JB is nitrates. Too much new water and I'd lose a lot of the biological filtration. The bio load with just fish in it is too much. the tank wouldnt have time to cycle. I tried to stick with the 10% monthly. With 90 gal tank thats two five gallon buckets. With power filters, an emporer and water evaporation, it seemed like I needed to hook up the faucet to it. :)
Its different with a reef tank though as the live rock works as the bio filter.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:11 PM

Kkevvy, here's a good shot of my Atlantic Pygmy Angel and my Hermit crab....

Ya I gut like 50 pounds of live rock in theya right now, so that helps tremendously with biological filtration. Also gives the fish so food lol. The Angelfish is constantly grazing on it.

Well, I ended up going down and getting that little Fuzzy Dwarf that was ordered. It was the wrong type of lion, but after traveling around for the better part of the afternoon and calling every pet store within a 60 mile radius, I could not find the right one. I felt bad, and figured what tha hell, I'll go back down ta Seabrook and get the damn thing and take care of it. When I got there, I told the kid to throw a ghost shrimp in to make sure the Lion would eat it. That way atleast I know its healthy. Here's a few pics... cant get any better ones cuz the thing kept moving. Hope to get some more when he comes out of the rocks....I named him Bub.....

I told them to continue the order for the Dwarf Zebra Lion....if they end up getting one in, I'll get that one too LMAO. Just have both. F it.