Cashman Park? (NBT) - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Official Member

Default Cashman Park? (NBT)

My buddy wants to go there and fish tomorrow night. I scouted the place out today and it was a bunch of guys sitting in lawn chairs with fishing rods in front of them. It looked to me like a featureless, straight and wide section of river. My buddy wants to be a leader but he's kinda not and he gets strange ideas some time. Is fishing in this place one of those? Do people actually get fish from there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Cashman Park? (NBT)

I don't fish at Cashman but I do launch the boat there on a regular basis. I have seen fish caught - usually on chunk herring. I don't know if the spot is better or worse than others.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 AM
First Mate

You can catch fish at Cashman at night, chunking does seem to be the most popular, and it is pretty convenient. Though if you want to fish the river on foot here are a couple places to try which may be more interesting.

Deer Island - access from the chain bridge (next to 95) between amesbury and nbpt, small parking lot. Fish the sandbar on the down river side or the rips along bridge.

Spring Lane off Ferry Road in Newburyport behind the little treatment plant, park on the road and walk down the grass.

Sweet Apple Tree Lane off Ferry Road in Salisbury, State land but not sure about parking these days. Hike down and fish the Rock (top half of the tide).

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike10 View Post
You can catch fish at Cashman at night, chunking does seem to be the most popular, and it is pretty convenient. Though if you want to fish the river on foot here are a couple places to try which may be more interesting.

Deer Island - access from the chain bridge (next to 95) between amesbury and nbpt, small parking lot. Fish the sandbar on the down river side or the rips along bridge.

Spring Lane off Ferry Road in Newburyport behind the little treatment plant, park on the road and walk down the grass.

Sweet Apple Tree Lane off Ferry Road in Salisbury, State land but not sure about parking these days. Hike down and fish the Rock (top half of the tide).

Good Luck
Hey spike, thanks for the suggestions. I actually stopped at Deer Island. I didn't do so hot there. I stopped by Cashman's but some one had crept up and stole all the water! I did a little recon though and can see where a fish might chill when the after comes back. Ultimately we went out to PI where we continued to not catch fish for the rest of the night. I'll look into the other places in the future.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Lunker

Might want to carry your M16 on deer island,sometimes it's a little scarry up there! VT
Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vthackle View Post
Might want to carry your M16 on deer island,sometimes it's a little scarry up there! VT
Certain people with certain past life experiences might be prone to "flash backs" over there.....