Tsunami surf rod & Penn Sargus 6000 opinions - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Tsunami surf rod & Penn Sargus 6000 opinions

Relatively new to the forum and I've been lurking trying to get as much of an education as I can before asking dumb questions. I started surf fishing last year and had a blast, not much to show for it as far as keepers go, but had fun with it. I started with a 9' Ande surf rod and a Penn 550ss reel and used it for both shunking & plugging. I decided to get something a bit more tailored for surf casting with bait and chose a 11' Tsunami trophy surf rod and a Penn Sargus 6000 reel. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with either good or bad...

Thanks in advance

Toe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 02:35 AM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO
Default Re: Tsunami surf rod & Penn Sargus 6000 opinions

I have a Tsunami rod, for years now, and it's still going.
About the reel. This past winter, I purchased a 6000 Saugus. It looked ok, but once I opened it up, it looked like a one season wonder. I didn't like it.
To me it felt like a step up from the Captiva. And I moved it on.
If ya want a good Penn, try the 650ssm. It's a darned good reel. IMO, of course.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Tsunami surf rod & Penn Sargus 6000 opinions

Thanks Jimmy, I appreciate the response. It's amazing that I'll spend $80 on the reel because the Penn 650ssm is more expensive, yet I'll spend the difference on lottery tickets or something...