plum island - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Default plum island

hi. I have never fished on plum island before and wondered where guys fish on it. i have heard the flats are good with eels at night and thats about it. Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 AM

Default Re: plum island

I don't think anyone in their right mind will tell you where to catch big fish. Spot burning is when a hot spot is made known to the public, then EVERYONE shows up in a private spot and it causes all kinds of problems for the guy who did the hard work of finding the spot. That being said, alot of people fish near the jetties or wade the joppa flats, knowing that you will have to do some work to find exactly where the fish are. Don't go out on the jetties unless you know what the tides are and when they change. You go out there at low tide, and then the tide comes in, get comfortable because you won't be leaving anytime soon. Happened to me the first time I went out there. Good thing I had the day off!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Learning in progress

LOL! I've done the same thing...Sometimes you just don't pay attention to what's going on when you are getting into some fish. Now I am very aware of my surroundings...It only takes one time to learn that! hah.
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

it's all about tides, size of tides, sun and moon..... take a good look at a low spring tide... you'll have all the info you need to know....

Remember.... the best fishing may not be limited to the river proper....