good deal on st croix now I need reel info - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Lunker

Default good deal on st croix now I need reel info

If anyone is interested I just got a pretty good deal on a 10.5 ft st croix surf rod Model triumph tsrs106mh2 $139 total free shipping and a ten dollar gift card from Kittery Trading Post online see here
http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/

I am planning on using this for throwing a few plugs around here on staten island whats a good reel for braided line use in about the 120$ price range. i would like to get either a penn shimano or an okuma....but which model? that is where I need everybodys expertise...Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: good deal on st croix now I need reel info

If you want indestructible a Penn 704 spooled with 20# Fireline would be a great choice - pretty cheap too.
I just scored an old Greenie on Ebay for very small $. Now I'll send it off to Chuck Hell, the Reel Restorer, and for a total of less than $100 including all the shipping costs I'll have another brand new condition top of the line surf reel to add to the arsenal.

I could just clean it and regrease it and ignore the few scratches and scuffs and have a very fishable reel for under $50
Old 12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

I'd check ebay as Sudsy said. I got a 650ss off there for cheap. My main reel is a 560 slammer that has PP on it works great I have gotten wind knots, but that was all way my own fault. (not taking up the slack when using poppers and pencils)
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 03:59 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

I found this on ebay check it out

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...p=1%26fsoo%3D1
Old 12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Lunker

Thanks for all the info guys....My buddy gave me an okuma epi for free!! so Im gonna try that first