sandyhook report 11/25 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Lunker

Default sandyhook report 11/25

out this morning about 6am had 3 shorts a ton of hits fish were verry small did not see much doing with the guys useing clams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: sandyhook report 11/25

Fished the bayshore hard this weekend - even got desperate enough to throw clams for the first time since last May - rats, nothing but rats. The biggest fish I know of by anyone on the sand this weekend went 13 lbs.
Water temps on the inside crashed this weekend, I suspect that sent the bigger fish looking for warmer deeper water?
Old 11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
LunkHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Water temps on the inside crashed this weekend, I suspect that sent the bigger fish looking for warmer deeper water?
AAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Say it ain't so.....for weeks now I've been waiting for the temps to drop to pull some fish down our way, don't tell me that they came, the water was too cool, so they split

I believe "The Fall Run" has not started yet, and I'll keep thinking that till mid January, if I have to.

Even my boat buddies have been finding bait, but no bass, so unless they decided to go the long way 'round.......Iceland, the U.K., African coast, and back up South America, they will have to swim by here sooner or later.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2006, 05:08 PM

I dont know there was big bunker in the GK harbor on Friday but no fish on em. My feeling is if there's bait in the harbor there's fish. 4 hours at the top produced 2 hits and a runoff on bunker head. Small fish. No takers on plugs. The harbor was colder than out front. Big skunksville.
Wheather is too nice to give up just yet. Trying again on wednesday. This time a charter.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:36 AM

I was out at SH on Monday with a few friends from 8am-3pm all shorts on clams, nothing hitting plugs. I just hope the warmer temps have kept the fish north of us and it didnt pass us by yet. Hopefully it will explode with the temps dropping this weekend like they say.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:39 AM

I've gotten some reports of bigger fish on bunker on the outside down in Ocean County - can anyone substantiate that??
Old 11-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Lunker

i heard the same thing. with adult bunker
Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 AM

The bigger fish sure weren't in NoMon tonight - fished jetty country for a handful of the smallest bass I've ever caught on the outside, heck on the inside too for that matter - We're talking microbass here 12" +/-
What a crappy fall run, even worse then last years