Albany Corning Preserve Launch Disaster in the Making - Page 11 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Albany Corning Preserve Launch Disaster in the Making

Like they say, bad publicity is better than no publicity at all. We are now on the radar.
Went down today 9 to 5. Call it my job. No problem launching or picking up. But then, I didn't catch anything either and only a few other fools were there. When Petejunipero said he was working this week, that said it all. Of course, once I start reporting about the dozens and dozens I am landing that will be sure to draw the lurkers to the launch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Official Member

Hi fellows, If you can't launch at albany, rensselaer is at least ok if you have a 4x4 (don't let your front tires leave the pavement) 2wd only hi to 3/4 tide. other than that take a trip down rt 9j to schodack just past thruway bridge (cost I think 5$)they have a wash station plenty of parking (walk to parking area 200 ft) other is henry hudson park off rt 144 no charge plenty parking . just fyi good luck looks like they will be here b4 you know it
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Official Member

I have used both HH and Schodack, really nice launches. Albany is closer so its kind of the go too launch for me. But will probably hit HH this weekend.

Launched at Alb today about 10, no problems. Left at about 4:30, more crowded but no real issues. Watch out for the rowing kids though, they like to stand around and talk in the middle of the launch apron. A kind word is better than a honk of the horn. Rowers seem to get there in the late afternoon, after school gets out I guess. You also got bikers, walkers and runners leaving for the trail at that point. If someone gets run over you know who will bet blamed. The guy in the car. Or truck.

Anybody ever use a come-along to pull their boat and trailer up a gravel launch to where the tow vehicle can get traction? Small boat, 14'.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Official Member

I launched at HH today, wondering how things went at Corning what with the tournament and all?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie the j View Post
I launched at HH today, wondering how things went at Corning what with the tournament and all?
There was only 1 section left opened, I was there early so no problem. When I left, there were trailers parked where ever they could fit. Noticed a large parking lot across the street with ONE truck/trailer in it...could be something to think about in the future for weekend use.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 AM
First Mate @ Ace Charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger42 View Post
There was only 1 section left opened, I was there early so no problem. When I left, there were trailers parked where ever they could fit. Noticed a large parking lot across the street with ONE truck/trailer in it...could be something to think about in the future for weekend use.
I believe that parking lot is for State Employees, heck they don't work the weekends.... might be on to something.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Official Member

I have parked in that lot on weekends if you mean the one at the southerly end of the bridge overpass,, the one where you have to cross over the road coming up on the E side of 787, kinda of an access road. Only problem is coming out of the lot legally you have to turn left, go back all the way around. I have done it the other way, went the wrong way on a one way street for about 50 feet. Your choice.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Official Member

No issues today, maybe forewarned is forearmed.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Senior Member Elite

Just a note on how some people suck. Launched out of Corning on Friday and went to park the trailer....saw a lone car in a trailer spot so I got out to remind the guy that this is for TRAILERS ONLY. He gave me some shit that he was saving the spot for his buddy who would be there in an hour...I told him that was VERY uncool as I had a trailer here with a boat already in the water and needed to park. I wish the cops would ticket non trailered vehicle like they are supposed to.....at least spend some time enforcing the law when half the spots are gone.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Official Member

launched at Albany at about 8:30 today, still a few parking spaces left. when I left at 5 more spaces had opened up. gonna fish the evening tide tomorrow, start about 4 pm, fish til after dark. will report the launching conditions.
Sure am glad I don't work a jack hammer all day, what a racket! Thanks to the guys that do, smooth new roads are a good thing.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Striper Hunter

getting the fever.....wondering if anyone knows if they are done working on the bridge?..hope the parking won't be a clusterflunk this year?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Official Member

I got nothing to do, I'll go take a drive by in the next few weeks, report back.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Official Member

Went to the Corning launch today. The fences enclosing the boat club at the north end of the parking lot have been restored to their former position, which is towards the access road from 787. However, construction work continues. A number of guys were on site and very large steel columns are being erected from the ground up to the bridge beams from the north to the south end of the parking lot. I am guessing they are temporary supports so that work can be done on the permanent concrete supports. Other than the boat club there may be one small area that is fenced in for construction operations. However, they were some heavy duty steel columns being put up and so I would guess there will be construction through the spring and summer. Thus I presume it likely that additional fencing may go up. Maybe there is something on the internets about the work, will see what I can find.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:50 PM
Official Member

Went to the launch at Corning today. Looked pretty good. Some construction going on but the parking looks opened up. Docks are in, rowing clubs appear to be active. River was high but not ugly.

Took the floor out of the old boat and replaced some rivets with truss head screws. May put it in tomorrow to check for additional leaks.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Striper Hunter

AYC is offering $75 a week for non charters. I like that flexibility and the conveniences of a full service marina.

><///'>