waders - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:09 AM

Default waders

I'm on my second pair of Snobee waders leaking again, Looking for waders that will last a long time!!!! Advice on a good pair of breathable waders!!! Thanks very much for input Frankiefish-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2009, 01:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: waders

I know My father in law has some Cabela's, I can check which ones that he likes. They also have a great warranty along with LL bean. I do have a friend that had an issue with LLbean's warranty though. I'm still wearing my 10 to 15 year old Red Balls and they don't look like they are going to fail anytime soon. I know folks that had theirs for 15+ years. Check Ebay and see if anyone has some new. It has been quite a few years since they were made
Old 07-20-2009, 02:13 AM

I'm on my 3rd pair of LL Beans stockingfoot waders. They seem to start bleeding around the seam where the neoprene booties connect to the leg fabric following a spring and a fall of fishing. I brought em back and they replaced em no questions asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Frankie there are a bunch of threads on it. Heres one with a few reviews.

https://stripers247.com/phpBB2/showth...ghlight=waders
Old 07-20-2009, 06:26 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I'm on my 3rd pair of LL Beans stockingfoot waders. They seem to start bleeding around the seam where the neoprene booties connect to the leg fabric following a spring and a fall of fishing. I brought em back and they replaced em no questions asked.
It's when you have to send them in that it starts to get costly. My friend went through like 2 or 3 in a year. They have a great warranty but they seem to leak like a sieve.
He had a big issue with Orvis a few years back. They changed their warranty but he had bought waders under the old warranty(better) when he needed to send in they screwed him. They would only honor under newer setup and just gave him a small credit towards new waders

I also checked fleebay and they have some Red Ball waders, most are smaller sizes but they last a long time. May not be the most comfortable but for cheap money and a 10 year wader-How can you beat it
Old 07-21-2009, 02:45 PM

I'm really fond of my William Joseph Dry-Namic waders. They're super comfortable, very breathable, and really tough fabric. Zero seam seepage after 2 years of hard use. I have had a couple tiny holes that were easily patched. One from a hook, and one on the knee after a slide on a barnacle covered rock last weekend. The pin hole I got in the knee was just that, a pin hole, from a slide on barnacles that would have shredded my old waders. I fished a few more hours after that and when I took off the waders I had a wet spot on my pants knee about 3" around, that's how small the hole was. They're not the cheapest waders on the market, but if you want a pair that will last and be able to stand up to everything you can dish out, they are worth the $ in my opinion.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Gulp! smells funny

I know everyone seems to have something against hodgman, but when I was in college, pretty much every fisheries professional that worked in the field used hodgman wadewells. They don't make'em in fatass sizes or I would have a pair myself.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
They don't make'em in fatass sizes or I would have a pair myself
They make the wadelight series in stout. I have a pair.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 AM
NukinFuts

Redington breathables, 3rd season, no issues.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 AM
First Mate

One of the downfalls of the newer style waders both neoprene and the breathables is the seams. Due to the material used I think they can only glue the seams together. With my older ones and due to the material they can be and are ultrasonic seamed/sealed. Ultrasonic seaming means no glue, they use a particle sound wave that actually bonds/melts the two pieces together making it as one and if done right is as strong or stronger than a single piece. Problem with the older waders are they don't breath and after many hours in warmer water you can get pretty damp from sweat. Also the material is abit heavier.

I think it's crazy when I hear someone say I got 2 or 3 seasons out of my waders and I'm happy. With the older style 5 to 10 years was the norm as long as you did not tear them and up to 12 or 15 years was not all that unusual.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
First Mate

I use Cabela's premium plus. They have padded and reinforced knees. If I ever have a problem with them I return the to the store. As long as it has the Cabela's name on it they replace them.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Orvis has a deal on breathables.
buy the silverline breathables in stockingfoot and get a pair of thier boots free for 249 bucks. "279 with shipping/tax 100 bucks off.
or the bootfoots are now 199.00 and for those waders it is a bargain you won't see often.
the bootfoots don't come in xl however which is 11-13
tax and shipping is like 30 bucks more so it's like 238.bucks for the breathables as opposed to three and change for them and they lasted me 3-4 seasons of hard fishing.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:02 AM
First Mate

bathing suits are pretty cheap too, and they breath well..lol
Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 PM
First Mate

Has anyone here seen Rivalley, RBB or Red Lavel Waders here in the states? I have seen a couple pair and have been trying to see if anyone carries them. One gent that was using them, 3 or 4 yrs in now swears by them. The best I can find and he also informed me is they they are made in Japan. From what I saw and he also said is the quality blows away anything else. He had said that they should start to show up in the states as they are one of the best makers of waders, vests, pants, etc. in Japan

He had got them on a business trip to Japan, but he advised of tryin them on first as some of the fits can be rather small. Unlike many things made in China(crap) and such, much of the stuff out of Japan is of the highest quality, like many quality knives as Japanese steel is as good as it gets-right up there with the best from the US. I can order them and have them shipped but one thing I worry about is warranty

http://www.sohshin-fishing.jp/Rivall..._footwear.html

If you are looking for some of the best knives for sporting or kitchen and such check out this site and their products. Some of the best made. Some is costly but you get what you pay for.
http://www.japaneseknifewholesale.com/products.html
Old 08-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

they sure look durable when i clicked the larger pic. but the print?