Welcome To All The New Guys!!! - Page 10 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

This is Great!!!
I always had a boat and now I don"t. So I was wondering where in the North Shore of Mass. a good spot is for surfcasting. Daanvers area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Official Member

I haven't fished the surf for too many years. Used to live in Salem. I go to Plum Island, Cape Cod Canal, and RI, now that I've started back up. My Son wanted to try the surf. Got a couple of new sticks to go with the old ones. Once a surf rat always a surf rat.

Last edited by oldsailor1974; 06-16-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: wrong post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:34 AM

Welcome aboard oldsailor, from a fellow surfrat. Great to see you getting the next generation involved!!! Two big from me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Official Member

Moved into Crescent Beach, Niantic, CT in July last year, couple hundred steps from the sound. Too busy in the last year with home repairs remodeling and work travel, but intend to do some fishing from shore this year. Newbie to fishing, so gotta get rod, reels, jigs etc... Spent sometime on the site last night, looks like there might be one or two out there ;) that know something about it. I guess first querstion whats the best bait/equip shop in Niantic for advice?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Official Member

Great site here. New to stripers and found alot of information here to get me started.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Official Member

Thanks for the excellent site! I'm a total newbie. One of the younger guys interested in fishin. This site will be an invaluable tool as I seek to learn about the pursuit. I'm just starting out - grew up fishing freshwater mostly bass and trout. Every summer would go down to Indian River Bay with my dad and brothers and my uncle would take us out on his boat to fish for flounder, weakfish, and seabass. Once I got a little older, we started fishin for others, like tog. Now, I rarely have a chance to get out on the ocean.

I'm headed to Acadia National Park, in early September and I plan to do some 'research' in the field - put in a little sweat and blood. What I've read here doesn't sound too promising for stripers in Maine this year, but I'm not about to give up before trying. I've been reading up and will keep doing so - thanks for all the good info! If anyone has any specific advice or any particular parts of the blog that they can point to that address fishing conditions in maine this year, please give a shout. I want to figure stuff out for myself, but I will only have 9 days or so up there so I want to maximize my time. My family's going on a camping trip there but I am willing to drive a ways if I can get to the fish. I plan to be shore and jetty fishin - but if there are any recommended trips out that way, that's another thing I'm tryin to research.

Tight lines all and thanks for this site!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Welcome to the forum
Old 08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Official Member

Cool Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

Hi to all I just found your site surfing the net. I live in the state of wonderment Washington State that is. I live 30 miles from the Blue Pacific I also live near 6 major rivers. been building rods for over 30 years I am now retired from my rod shop. Love teaching Senior and youngsters the Craft of rod building.
Good Wraps Bob is my sign off and handle
Old 08-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Welcome to the forum Bob! Glad to have you join the party
Old 08-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Official Member

Default Re: New Guy!!!

Hello all,

My name is David and am a 100%disabled vet and have been fishing off and on all my life. I am moving from NV to MO the 1st of September in hopes of finding a place my Wife son and I can afford to live and be able to fish. Currently i have a 14ft Gregor aluminum boat with a 15 horse Evinrude given to me by my Dad. I have made some improvement like addin an Eagle 480 Elite fish finder/GPS and decked the boat.

Currently I fish mostly Lake Mead which is over 100 miles from my house. While the Stripers seem to be getting healthier and more plentiful the trip to the lake(diesel fuel cost) and the distance are really limiting my trips there.

Lake Mead offers great fishing for two short periods of time. I am really looking forward to a longer season, more species of fish and more lakes to figure out.

Any info about Stripers or any other fishing within 100 miles of Kansas City will be greatly appreciated.

David C. L'Heureux
ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
100% Disabled Veteran
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 AM

Welcome to the forum David, and thank you for your service to our country!

I lived in Kansas City from '95 to '04, but was on the road most of that time with my job, an as a result I never really explored the lakes around there as well as I would have liked.

Blue Springs Lake is close and holds some decent fish. Truman Lake is a bit further away but also has pretty decent fishing at times. Definitely would be worth checking out.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Striper Hunter

Long time sweetwater fisherman, but newbie to saltyfishing.....looking forward to reading about your adventures on the salt..

Found this site from fishing with a friend that was wearing a "Striper24/7" hat this summer.........."Rickski"......Had a great time on his rig and we caught some nice stripers too....

I've noticed other familiar names here.....

~Willy-C~
Old 08-30-2011, 07:43 AM

Welcome to the forum Willy-C

Rickski is definitely one of the good guys
Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Official Member

Hi all! Found the site surfing for information on stripers. Nice site and alot of good info here. I am pretty new to striper fishing and where I reside here in Illinois we have a couple nice lakes that have both hybrids and pures. Sold my bass boat and picked up a Lund so I can troll for them now and looking forward to catching my first "reel burner" soon!

Thanks for all the good info. Hope I am able to contribute some in return sometime.

Tom

Last edited by Slypike; 08-31-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Bad spelling!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 AM

Welcome to the forum Tom