Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2017 STRIPER REPORTs

153K views 336 replies 72 participants last post by  Doc Z 
#1 ·
** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' **

Post any 2016 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS.
Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes.

Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats.

Thanks and good luck all !

#2 ·
04/05/17 Croton point park from shore. High tide was best. Fish caught between 6:30am to about 9 am. Bloodworms. Me and 3 family members caught about 15. All about the size in the picture. My father set the hook, got stuck, came free and before I could net it, he lost about a 20-24 incher. My buddy Steve has a 26 incher already. Get out there!

Attachments

#4 ·
4/7/17. croton point park. Fished from 6am to 11am. High tide was 8:45. I personally caught 9 fish, biggest in picture. Dad caught a couple. Guys next to me caught around 10 all together. Windy as a mother. White caps at high tide. Around 10-10:30 am I noticed fish were biting closer to shore when the tide was going back out so I shortened my casts and caught 2 more. 7 at high tide, 2 at low. Left before the rain came down. Bites are funny, they hit once than wait another 2 minutes to hit again. Just as you out your pole back down in the holder. Wednesday (warmer weather) they actually pulled the baitrunner. Their hitting lightly so I'm saving worms :) 6/0 circle hooks right in the corner everytime.

Attachments

#6 ·
Fished Croton area with chunk herring. We got 4 stripers, 1@24", 1@26", 1@ 30", and one at 33". # took heads, and one on a chunk, the usual ratio. Water temp was 41, still 2 degrees below where we want it for the better fish to be active. Should be much improved by the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.