I Got A Weekend Pass... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default I Got A Weekend Pass...

ill be off to the ditch this weekend...i know, .. along with the rest of the memorial day tourists..my gameplan is to fish plugs and jigs hard...my son will man the chunk rod...my first trip out will be a good one no matter what..my son will be with me ready to fish..he can hardly wait...i think hes getting to the point where fishing is fun for him...proud..i am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: I Got A Weekend Pass...

Good luck! I'll have to check out the canal one of these days,,, if the tackle box gets a little too heavy and I need to sacrifice some gear to the fish gods.

It'll be hard to keep me home tonight,,, I can almost hear the bassy's tummies growling from here. They're hungry,,, I can feel it.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

LMB'S tonight...its too nice a day not to...my jitterbugs should do the trick...im glad the drive to the buckets is ten minutes....but i can say..no distance is to far for a cow striper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
First Mate

Go get em!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

that weekend pass turned into an ass kickin...mine.....yup i got my ass kicked at the cape...i got my ass kicked at the merrimack....i got home hours later than i was supposed too..i got my ass kicked at home...wtf. if i get my ass kicked while trying for cod and haddock tomorrow...lots of gear for sale........NOT
Old 05-29-2007, 08:36 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Not to worry.. lots of cod and haddock.... just use bait... small pieces.. the fish are spawning and are not aggresivly feeding....
Old 05-29-2007, 09:25 AM

I feel your pain bro... the stench of my skunk hangs heavy in the air...
Old 05-29-2007, 09:54 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

well...my first trip for cod and haddock...three of us on the boat...i was the greenhorn....as soon as we hit the ledge..tweedy dropped his clam rig and instantly had a double of haddock...my line went down..and just as i aksed how the bite would feel..the tuggin started...a wolfie...holy friggin ugly..and those teeth are nasty..bill started jigging looking for big cod..he asked and he recieved..not as big as he was looking for but big enough for the bucket...after about a 1/2 hour the seas picked up a bit 2-5' mixed swells....shortly after that i learned what it means to be the newbie..i starded the chum slick and had to put down my rig for a bit..a few of you know what that means... the bite slowed, we moved, found some more action a bit closer to the shore...we saw mackeral pod after mackeral pod busting all over too at one point..i was thinking stripers when i saw that. the fishing was slowing down so we started back, stoping every now and then when we saw the bait stacked up on the screen..a few more here and there on the way in...i had a blast...more ways than one..its now hours later and i still feel drunk....over all it was a good day..i finally was ble to put some fish in the freezer and test out my newly modified drag on my abu 7000...my nuts were cracked many a times as i chummed..i actually found it funny myself..good times good people good fishing...no work...thats what i call a good finish to a frustrating weekend...
Old 05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

At least you got some, the best bite has been on the inside, the whale cod are with in 5 miles of the beach, live line one of those macks on the bottom and hold on......
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

we worked our way in and thats when bill got the biggest one...about 15lbs...we were about 7miles our or so at that point, the macks were all over when we started cleaning the fish...a more desireable chum than what i had offered. i should have asked you sooner, we may have had a better chance of a whale..god times anyway..tonight..a little assorted seafood spread for dinner...and this weekend i see a chowder in the horizon....now the striper bug has stuck me with its venom..and im on the hunt...its time to get serious...
Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

saturday morning the family went to salisbury...the fishing lasted all of ten minutes as the kids were too busy wanting to go in the water and play with the baby crabs...so i packed up the rods and over to the beach we went..at least little maggie was able to get a line wet........oh and she got a shark at the bait shop.....a great white even.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dadmag.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	2087   Click image for larger version

Name:	magshark.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	2088  
Old 06-05-2007, 08:52 AM