Jamaica Bay Boy Scout Eagle Scout Project - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 09-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Official Member

Default Jamaica Bay Boy Scout Eagle Scout Project

Hi, my son Zachary is planning his Eagle Scout project in Jamaica Bay, NY. I'm providing a description of his project. He's trying to raise funds for the project and any help or donations would be appreciated. His tentative date for the project is November 3, 2012.

I am a Boy Scout in Troop 427, Glendale, NY planning my Eagle Scout project. My project will take place at the Gateway National Recreational Area in Jamaica Bay at the southwest beach at the Joseph P. Addabbo Memorial Bridge(North Channel Bridge – Cross Bay Blvd).

My project consists of performing the following tasks:

· Removing an old dune fence and fence posts to allow fisherman access to the beach
· Installing a new dune fence with re-used fence posts at the marsh boundary
· Installing Do Not Enter signs to prevent access to the upland areas
· Performing a beach cleanup

Specifically a Do Not Enter sign will be mounted on a metal fence post which will be anchored in a five gallon bucket of concrete. Ten of these sign posts will be made and placed at the boundary of the beach and upland area from the west parking lot to the wetland area. The sign posts will be anchored by burying the five gallon bucket in the sand with the fence post and sign above the sand.

An old damaged dune fence exists near the parking lot. This damaged fence and fence posts will be removed and a new dune fence installed with the re-used posts approximately 100 yards down the beach at the wetland boundary. This will allow access for fisherman on the beach while preventing access to the wetlands and upland areas. Finally approximately 300 yards of beach will be cleaned of garbage and debris.

In order to do the project I need to raise funds in order to purchase materials and supplies. These materials and supplies consist of metal sign posts, Do Not Enter signs, dune fencing, concrete mix, buckets, work gloves, hardware and other supplies.

Any donations in the form of funds, materials or supplies would be greatly appreciated. Checks should be made out to “BSA Troop 427” and can be sent to BSA Troop 427 c/o Zachary Kurre, 8101A 77th Avenue, Glendale, NY 11385. All funds will be used to purchase materials and supplies. Any remaining funds and materials will be donated to the Gateway National Recreational Area. Receipts for tax purposes can be provided upon request.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	256291_361710907232153_267052486_o.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	16181  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement