Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Lamiglas Ron Arra Surf Pro

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  khary23 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of buying one of these rods, its rated for weight up to 2 1/2 oz
I wanted to know if any one out there has one and if you could throw heavier stuff with it. thanks

#2 ·
A buddy of mine has 2 and is planning on buying another so I guess he likes em. I'll be seeing him tomorrow and will ask about overloading.

#3 ·
I have the 1205 which is rated for 1-5. It seems that over loading mine cuts down on distance. I know it should. The middle of the rating is where you want to be. You know those big eels you see in the tackle shop, the ones sooo big you might throw them with your hand so you don't break the rod? I can and do cast them. Not real far but out there anyway. You'll love the feel of the Arra, just not the price!

#4 ·
Well I have just won a brand new one on ebay for cheap so I guess I find out soon enough. I mostly use stuff in the 1-2 oz range for plugs. but I have a few that are a bit larger, I think I'll start working on an air gun for those. :minigun:
thanks for the replies

#6 ·
I love it. I found the sweet spot to be from 1.5-2 oz. but I have thrown small storm jerkin minnows with it as well ( not that far mind you). Its light as hell and has that life time warranty. I'm waiting to test it out on a 50lb er.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.