nova scotia stripers...where...how... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Canada
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Canada Eastern Canada - Discussion & reports

Old 04-14-2005, 09:25 AM

Default nova scotia stripers...where...how...

hi, planning a trip to nova scotia in july...any tips on where and how to fish..shorebound...for them? beach casting would be ideal....any info would be appreciated! thanks..
ps from ontario so have no striper experience..but have surf cast in fla..and mex...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Hi Flyby

Try this thread.
https://stripers247.com/phpBB2/viewto...ht=nova+scotia
There is a link to novascotiafishing.com that will give you some info there as well.
I think Dobbs from NS. Enjoy the site and get into some fish for us.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Welcome to the site!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 05:18 AM

Eh Flyby,,Welcome,,This is a great site for info,,not alot of techniques seen here are not used in Nova Scotia,,,YET!!! I got some new gear this year and alot of good advice on how to use it so I'm expecting to improve my odds of catching the BIG ONE this year. We will have to hook up together when you come down in July. Later Dobb
Old 04-16-2005, 09:55 AM

Eh again Flyby,,Didn't have much time earlier so I'll explain a little more now. I fish in the Bay of fundy on the western side along Bass river, Economy,and highland village. I'm no professional by no means, but really enjoy it. Generally most people fish from shore with a 9-10 surf rod, 30lb test line with a 2oz weight on the end. A couple of hooks tied a foot and two feet back from the weight, with a chunk of herring, mackerel, squid, shad or clam worm..Throw it out and sit and wait,,some tides you might get 15-20 little ones {8-16ins} maybe a couple {16-24ins} and if you are really lucky you will get a keeper {26.8ins and up}. Or you might have to settle for a couple of hits. Where in Nova Scotia are you coming to?? I gotta go get some work done around the yard so as too free up some time, thinking about going down this afternoon and wet a line,,won't get any bass but maybe a couple of tommycods or a dogfish, they should be starting to run now. Still some ice on lakes around here, but not thick enough to get on so can't go trout fishing. Oh well,, better get at it . Later Dobb
Old 04-16-2005, 07:34 PM

Just got back from fishing..got 4 tommycods on the circle hook, I really think they are going to work good when the stripers get here. The tommycods were 8-12ins long and they hooked themselves on a #6/0 eagleclaw circle hook. The hook was bigger than their mouth. Wish the stripers would hurry up and get here. My buddy was watching when I got one, I think he was quite impressed , I just picked up the pole and reeled him in. Any way I must stop babbling on, thanks again guys for all the advice, it is going to make a difference for sure. Dobb