Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

World's ugliest dog

45K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  chunkster 
#1 ·
The owners of the other contestants in this year's World's Ugliest Dog Contest may have thought their pooches had a chance - until they saw Sam.

Ah! Somebody get Sam into horror films. I?m going to have nightmares.

The 14-year-old pedigreed Chinese crested recently won the Sonoma-Marin Fair contest for the third consecutive time.

Surprise, surprise.

He's so ugly even the judges recoiled when he was placed on the judging table, said his proud owner, Susie Lockheed, of Santa Barbara.

I truly hope Sam has been neutered. We do not want another son of Sam. :puke:

This dog, if that's what you want to call it, is extremely freaky and should be locked up away from humanity. :eew: :lmao:

See less See more
#13 ·
Re: Pictures

Thats Sam. He won the worlds ugliest dog contest 3 times. In fact hes been officially crowned the ugliest dog ever. The other contestants thought they had a chance until they saw sam. Sam passed away in November. The current champ is archie

This guy had No chance in hell

#15 ·
Chihuahua mix wins ugliest dog crown

Sonoma Marin fair

June 23, 2007 -
Elwood, a two-year-old Chinese Crested and Chihuahua mix, has been crowned the world's ugliest dog, a distinction that delighted the mutt's owners.
Elwood, dark coloured and hairless - save for a mohawk-like puff of white fur on his head - is often referred to as Yoda or ET, for his resemblance to those famous science fiction characters.
"I think he's the cutest thing that ever lived," said Elwood's owner, Karen Quigley, a resident of Sewell, New Jersey.
Quigley brought Elwood out to compete for the second year at the annual ugly dog contest at the Marin-Sonoma County Fair on Friday. Elwood placed second last year.
Most of the competing canines were also Chinese Crested, a breed that features a mohawk, bug eyes and a long, wagging tongue.
Quigley said she rescued Elwood two years ago. "The breeder was going to euthanise him because she thought he was too ugly to sell," said Quigley.
"So ha ha, now Elwood's all over the internet and people love him and adore him."
Beyond the regal title of ugliest dog, Elwood also earned a $ 1,000 ($A1,200) reward for his owner.

Karen Quigley/Elwood's Owner - "I have a lot of friends who think he could be the winning candidate and some people tell me he's too cute to win... But he's very loving, affectionate, WHAT'S WITH THE TONGUE? LOOKS LIKE HE'S BEEN PARTYING ALL NIGHT... He doesn't have any teeth on that side.. WHAT'S GOING ON?...That's the Chinese Crested part... They don't have strong teeth...OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T HAVE A GOOD DENTAL PLAN EITHER...His tongue gets dry from hanging out there and it does tend to startle people..."​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.