Braided line keeps breaking! - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Braided line keeps breaking!

I jsut bought some 30# test fireline, 300 yards on ebay for 22 dollars. Hope it works good, havent used fireline yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Lunker

Branches maybe but no rocks, no rocks at all where i fish. I'm using new St. Croix Saltwater trolling rods. At $280 each the eyes are mint.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:23 PM

Sufix performance braid is great so far.
I like it better than all the rest. Including yozuri hybrid, fireline, and powerpro. I havent tried tuf line yet. just ordered some.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

i spooled up my freshwater spinning rig with 10lb fireline last week and went for some buckets...without thinking the better casting that comes with it...i whipped my home-made jittergug high into the tree tops across the cove i was fishing....i really believe if i had mono i never would have got it back...i took some lumber down with it. that stuff saved my bug...
Old 05-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

damn braid don;t wanna come outta da tree!

Old 05-19-2007, 05:32 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

nice one there zim....i got my jitterbug back...im gonna head to the pond in a little bit for some more leaf fishing..
Old 05-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Jigologist

Red face Re: Braided line keeps breaking!

I've been using PP on about every setup I use and never had the breakage issue... It has broken on rocks and ledges yes, but never for no reason.. some of my setups are going on the 3rd season with the same line .. so far it's the thinnest I can find and the best for jigging for me.. I guess if it happened to me I'd feel the same as some do but until then it's my line of choice...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Veteran Elite

I have been using pp for two years and had no problems. I also used spiderline? I think I know I shouldnt do it but I buy what is on sale, mainly because I get it in knots and loose it all I havent caught a fish big enough to break it yet, so until that happens I wont worry about it. I do keep it in good condition however and replace worn sections. but like I said so many wind knots and lost gear that usually keeps the line fresh. My suggestion is find one you like that doesnt break one thing I have learned from this site is that every fisherman is different. but you all catch fish.

Last edited by smulax; 05-24-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added info
Old 05-30-2007, 10:12 PM

I've tryed pp and fireline of all types. Suffix Braid is the best braid I have used to date. It cast like a dream, no breakage problems. The stuff is GREAT. If you havn't tryed it do so you should love it