AL-ZARQAWI KILLED IN AIR STRIKE - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default AL-ZARQAWI KILLED IN AIR STRIKE

THIS SCUMBAG WON;T BE BEHEADING ANYONE ELSE! BAGHDAD, Iraq (June 8) - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida's leader in Iraq who led a bloody campaign of suicide bombings and kidnappings, has been killed in an air strike, U.S. and Iraqi officials said Thursday, adding his identity was confirmed by fingerprints and a first-hand look at his face. It was a major victory in the U.S.-led war in Iraq and the broader war on terror

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Veteran Elite

The only problem is these guys are like sharks teeth you loose one and another pops up and fills the space.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:19 AM

tHAT'S FREAKING AWESOME.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 09:54 AM

Yes, he's definitely a prize, second only to Osama Bin Lardass, that America's warlords will use to beat their chests.

If he's responsible for half the things he's been reputed for...I say good ridden and hope it impacts the number of insurgent related attacks, American and Iraqi casualties, and gets us a step closer to getting the hell out of Dodge.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:02 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

one big down one to go! Go USA!
Old 06-08-2006, 12:14 PM

Bin Laden Accuses Zarqawi Of Stealing Limelight

Written by Moral Volcano

"Zarqawi Stole My Thunder"
Terrorist mastermind and Al Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden has accused Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab Al Zarqawi of taking the spotlight away from him. ?Frankly speaking, he has stolen my thunder!? complained Laden in an interview conducted over satellite phone.
?All you hear now is 'Zarqawi did this' or 'Zarqawi did that.' It seems as though 911 did not happen at all. I am right here in Afghanistan and they went after my organization in Iraq! Why are they doing this to me? What did I do wrong? When will the Americans come back for me??
When this reporter asked if Zarqawi was one of his trusted lieutenants, as the U.S. military claimed he was, Mr. Laden replied in the negative. Asked if he knew Zarqawi at all, Laden said, ?I don?t know. I?d seen thousands of terrorists. They all look the same - with bad haircuts and unkempt beards.?
So, is Mr. Zarqawi pure fiction? ?Maybe he is. Maybe he is not. Maybe he is just a guy operating from the Pentagon basement. Every time they attack civilians, a military spokesman releases a statement saying that the attack was targetted insurgents loyal to Al Zarqawi. This is much better than saying they killed a bunch of Iraqis. Zarqawi is a foreigner, so it is the perfect way for them to discredit the resistance and say these attacks are not coming from the Iraqi people. They can now blame everything on Zarqawi."
"It is similar to how we blame everything on the Jews."
So, why doesn?t his organization disown Zarqawi? Laden retorted, ?Why should we? When Iraqi victims see that they are portrayed as members of the Zarqawi terror network, more numbers of theirs will join the insurgency."
"What bothers me however is the fact that the focus has shifted to Iraq and everyone is talking about Zarqawi. It is as though I don't exist at all. Do you know how important public attention is for a terrorist??
"When the Americans were bombing the Tora Bora caves, I thought I was going to die and released a statement saying that I would go down fighting. It was a stupid stupid mistake. I played the martyr card a bit too early. Now, everyone takes me for dead. If this goes on for long, I might as well surrender or let myself be captured.?

Disclaimer The story as represented above is written as a satire or parody. It is fictitious.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:35 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

This is great news. This man was a barbarian, with a peabrain. I have (unfortunately) seen many of the works he and his cronies did. They used to pump out video after video, but they have slowed down considerably in releasing any. I think they should aim for the Ansar Al-Sunnah Army now, because they are just as barbaric if not more.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:20 AM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

I think this is good for the new Iraq. But for the rest of us only time will tell.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:48 AM

Hey Jim, what's the source of that Bin Laden statement? Sounds like it was an interview. I hadn't heard of any credible source that's gotten a recent interview with him. I was beginning to think the guy was really dead and that's why he can't be found.

Several things strike me as strange about the text.

First, he comes across as somewhat jealous of Zarqawi and the media blitz on Iraq. That type of petty jealousy does not help to unite their efforts towards their cause. Then he indicates that Zarqawi may be an American fabrication and that he doesn't even remember meeting him....all terrorists look alike, bad haircuts and un-kept beards. Another attempt to discredit Zarqawi. Also, I thought his "bad haircut" comment was quite funny. But, I wonder if the terrorists themselves thought it funny.

Then to top it off he makes this analogy that the American Zarqawi fabrication is similar to the fabrication where we (Arabs) blame everything on the Jews.

Something just doesn't sound right with those statements. Most of what I've seen in print that has been accorded Bin Laden, has been much more ordered and very calculated towards a common goal. What those statements do is undermine their common goal, create rifts in their solidarity, and make Bin Laden sound like a jealous has-been.

I smell and American fabrication here. If it is, sounds like we finally decided to play the game the way Bin Laden has been playing it for years...slowly, with patience, pick away at their solidarity through media discrediting.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:40 PM

Propaganda war.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:00 PM

Zarqawi Lived Briefly After Attack

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...=home&SEC=news

Good. So he knew who CANCELLED him.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Hey Jim, what's the source of that Bin Laden statement?
:) Tony that was from spoof.com The Spoof
Its time to clown them. I'd like to beat him with the bottom of my shoe.

"I was in the desert trying to get friendly with a camel'. Osama
Old 06-09-2006, 03:55 PM

Yeah Jim I did find it. I was just about to blast you for not fessing up that it was a spoof, but you fessed up before I got the chance. OK I forgive you, .

You may want to add the statement below, which was highlighted on spoof.com's web page. If it was in the Politics and Religion forum I'd do it. But, I don't have those rights in other forums.

I knew something wasn't right about it. I'm surprised no one else called you to task about it. Would you mind telling me why you didn't mention it was fictitious?

The story as represented above is written as a satire or parody. It is fictitious.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:04 PM

I thought it was obvious.
Sorry Tony. Didnt think anyone would take that as serious or true.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:20 PM

World Mail

Bin Laden caught Fornicating with a dead skunk.
Secret Videotapes of what appears to be Osama Bin Laden copulating with a dead skunk have been circulating around college campuses in the UK for the better part of spring break. It appears to have been authentic video and has passed the scottland yards anti anti terrorist fabrication test on Monday past.
The video shows a worn out and disheveled looking turban wearing man ~ 6'4" tall with a scraggly matted beard fornicating with a what appears to be a lifeless desert skunk. Authenticaters have verified that the man is in fact a Mr. Osama Bin Laden. The worlds number 1 terroist.
The person whom delivered the alleged Bin Laden video was taken to the nearest Bivuac apparently overcome with a mysterious illness. After viewing the video the freshman class at Warmaggot University were issued barf bags and excused for the afternoon. The British ministry agent in charge of BS authentication said she never viewed anything quite as nauseatingly disgusting.
Prime minister Tony Blair was quoted as saying
"Apparantly and quite mercifully the poor skunk was overcome by Bin Ladens smell?"

Story by Willie Makit
Contributions by Betty Wont
This article is completely true