Hampton area report - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 09-24-2005, 11:42 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default Hampton area report

Wowzah, well the Fall is officially here. The smells of the Fairs, Hampton Beach, and everything else "Summer Time", are all gone. Time for the smells of Autumn...pumpkin pie, wood stoves, and turkey in tha oven.

Fishing is still productive along the coast. I may have missed my last shot at working the maaaaaahsh though. So instead, I got back to the Rockhounding thing, and managed to find some great activity along 1A in Rye. My first stop in North Hampton netted zero results. I was hoping one of my fave Fall spots would come alive with another Peanut Bunker assault, but it has yet to happen there. A little further north into Rye though has been very productive on top of the rock beds and sand bars. With waders, most of these beaches behind the big rock piles can be accessed to about the 3rd sand bar out on a dropping tide. I've waded 40, 50 and maybe even 60 yards out on a low tide. You can practically ride the fish. There is nothing like being there at the right moment when everything breaks loose, and your suddenly in the middle of a massive frenzy.....birds all around you, bait being washed up around your legs and feet, and Striped Bass going to war with the birds for their last fill before heading South. It may be hard to pick off the biggest Bass in a massive blitz, but the fun you can have getting a fish on almost every cast for 10, 15, sometimes 20 minutes is so much fun its almost exhausting.

Took some footwork this early AM, but managed more fish than I could count, 2 largest being 15 and 18 pounds. Great fish, and horny as hell

I just cant wait for "The Cliff" to explode!!!! I gotta get into a big blitz there this year, cuz there wasnt one there last Fall and I cant stand to miss another year!

I threw primarily metal, Tsunami metal actually...much like Kastmasters but with a bend in the metal and some holographic scales on the side. Also threw wood plugs, white Danny mostly, but also worked a small yellow/white Danny later in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement