Two Lights State Park - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 06-10-2009, 12:29 PM

Default Two Lights State Park

Does anyone know if fishing is permitted at Two Lights state park? I'll be heading to Old Orchard Beach on Vacation from Oregon on the 19th of June and plan to do some striper fishing. I was told I may want to try the rocks in front of the retaraunt????? I guess I'll know it when I see it.

But I wasn't sure if it was open to the public since it was a state park.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Two Lights State Park

Fishing is allowed. No swimming, wading or scuba diving
During storms with high surf, the park may be closed or access to the rocks prohibited.
http://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/doc/par....pl?park_id=28
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twolights.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	11120  
Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont_Horse_Em View Post
Does anyone know if fishing is permitted at Two Lights state park? I'll be heading to Old Orchard Beach on Vacation from Oregon on the 19th of June and plan to do some striper fishing. I was told I may want to try the rocks in front of the retaraunt????? I guess I'll know it when I see it.

But I wasn't sure if it was open to the public since it was a state park.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not too familiar with Two Lights, though a few of my buddies fish in that park and do quite well, but if ur coming to OOB drop me a note. We've been catching 'em right off the beach about every night, ranging mostly from low 20's to low 30's with a couple bigger gals lost to the mighty surf. I have my little girl that weekend but will be down there Sat and/or Sunday morning, early. If ur interested just let me know.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 04:00 PM
psuedo-NOOBIE

Hey StriperHyper (aka Will)

The fam and I are campin' up in OOB that same weekend. Thinkin' bout bringing my gear along. What are you hittin' with right now? I've seen you mention in previous posts about using seaworms, that still the go to right now or have we moved on to something else. If you're gonna be 'round and don't mind havin' a noob tag along I'd like to shoot the chit with ya and maybe get some pointers.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHooked View Post
Hey StriperHyper (aka Will)

The fam and I are campin' up in OOB that same weekend. Thinkin' bout bringing my gear along. What are you hittin' with right now? I've seen you mention in previous posts about using seaworms, that still the go to right now or have we moved on to something else. If you're gonna be 'round and don't mind havin' a noob tag along I'd like to shoot the chit with ya and maybe get some pointers.

Dude dont even sweat it, I'm more than happy to show ya around to a fishing spot or two in OOB/Biddeford/Camp Ellis/Saco River etc depending on whats happening. I checked the tides for that weekend and we'd be able to get out early in the a.m. and/or early evening nearing high tide. All I've been using is sand worms thus far (oh yeah and some fresh mack, to no avail) and will most likely add clam into the mix in the next week or so. I do have my daughter (10 years old) that weekend but I'll DEFINITELY be down for some fishing. Shoot me a PM as we get closer and we can hook up and hopefully catch a few. Nice chatting with ya man, talk to ya soon

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 06-11-2009, 06:39 PM
psuedo-NOOBIE

Sweet man!

Hey just a couple of dumb-ass questions from the noob. I'm using 10' (I'm a bit vertically challenged guy 5'5") 3 - 8oz spinning setup spooled with 17# Suffix mono, with a 40# mono shock leader. Been chuckin' with 3oz pyramids with either 1/0 baitholder (worms) or 3/0 octopus (clams) tied on. (by the method you've posted with the styrafoam float and beads inline) Will I be okay with this setup or should I change somethings around before the trip?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 AM

Will,
I definately appreciate the offer and would love to take you up on it. My time there is limited so any inside help would greatly be appreciated. We are staying beach front 100yrds from the pier.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHooked View Post
Sweet man!

Hey just a couple of dumb-ass questions from the noob. I'm using 10' (I'm a bit vertically challenged guy 5'5") 3 - 8oz spinning setup spooled with 17# Suffix mono, with a 40# mono shock leader. Been chuckin' with 3oz pyramids with either 1/0 baitholder (worms) or 3/0 octopus (clams) tied on. (by the method you've posted with the styrafoam float and beads inline) Will I be okay with this setup or should I change somethings around before the trip?
I hear ya man, I only stand 5'7 myself but my 11' Okuma (which Im finally getting back from Saco Bay btw) is what I use the most in a given season. Some guys like mono, some guys like braid, its all personal preference. Myself, I spool up with 10-20 yds of 20# Berkley Trilene Big Game as my backing and then fill the spool with 65# Power Pro. My leaders are tied in different lengths depending on the surf (higher the surf the shorter I go on the leader), all 40# Vanish fluorcarbon, with a Palomar knot to a 6/0 circle hook for worms, clams and eels or a 5/0 J hook for chunk herring or mackerel. The trick when using a float is to attach your weight (I use a 5 or 6 oz pyramid sinker to make sure it holds bottom) directly to ur barrel swivel and NOT on a sinker slide. I like the pyramid because they dont generally move once in the water, which will keep ur hook in one place and minimize the chances of picking up seaweed/getting bit off by crabs. It depends where ur fishing as far as the weight of your sinker, but I personally wouldn't go below a 4 or 5 oz. if slinging from shore. If ya fish in a river or off a dock where the tide isn't ripping you can easily get away with using a 3 oz. Hope this helped man, tight line.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 06-12-2009, 12:01 PM

Will
Have you ever fished near Basket Island? A guy I know told me about that area. I was curious if you're familiar with it.