Hampton Estuary Report - Saturday May 22 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-22-2004, 06:22 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default Hampton Estuary Report - Saturday May 22

PLenty and plenty of schoolie action. Storm Wildeyes, Charlie Graves tins, and Kastmaster took all the fish today. Had a little over a dozen Stripers, ranging from 12" to 18", between myself, my brother, and his 2 sons. Both of my nephews hooked up which was good. Fisrt ones this year for the both of them :) They were really excited to see some Stripers. There were folks with Mass. plates down there, which I do not understand lol. I wouldve been at Parker River or PI if it were closer to me.

We fish the last hour of high tide (got one Striper), slack, then the outgoing till about quarter past 4 pm, which the rest of the fish were caught. The outgoing seems to be preferable down there this time of yeat. Although the action was pretty good and constant for the most part, no real bigguns to report. I did throw out a 6" Wildeye into the rips in hopes a larger Bass would hit it, but ended up getting a nice hungry schoolie. The Wildeye was much too large for him, yet he hit it anyway lol. Threw the hook after he came out of the water a few times.

Lotsa fun, and great for the kids, cuz the fish are managable and wont pull them from their perch :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2004, 11:58 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

NOTE: Fish are not frequently biting chunk bait like Herring or Clam. You may have a bit of luck if it is drifted with a balloon or bobber, but the guys standing there with chunks on the bottom are doing just that, standing there.

Fish are being caught on poppers in some instances, but I personally have yet to hook up using my favorite technique, topwater. Storm's and other similar swimbaits are accounting for most catches. Other things to use are Charlie Graves and other tins, rattling "rat-l-trap" lures like the Gag's Mr. Bunker, Lucky Craft Live Pointer Lures, and Rapala suspending jerkbaits. Anything with a Herring like pattern is sure to catch!

Old 05-26-2004, 06:21 PM

Hey jonny, were you fishing in a boat or from shore?Just curious, havent had much luck in hampton yet!From the shore that is.