Camp Ellis Schoolies & Keeper!!! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Young salt

Default Camp Ellis Schoolies & Keeper!!!

Went out last night around 5:30 p.m. for the last half hour of incoming and a few hours of the outgoing tide. I had a suspicion it was gonna be an active night when I saw the amount of birds swooping and diving after baitfish on the beach side of the jetty. I was with my buddy, his gf, one of her friends and their brother in law. I was given the impression that my buddy and his brother in law (the only others fishing along with me) had SOME fishing knowledge by the 'game' they were talking.....as it turned out, I couldn't have been more wrong!!! Collectively, they had as much knowledge about fishing as I do the steadily declining economy of Bosnia Herzergovina. Anyway, long story short I spent most of the first 2 1/2 hours rigging poles, baiting hooks and scurrying around, it became more like work after awhile. To say that I was relieved when they left @ 8 and I finally got to START fishing would be an understatement!!! A guy a little ways down from me caught a few schoolies and a keeper (26") on a white shad dart, so it wasn't a total loss. Good to see a few being caught though and a welcome relief knowing they'll be on the beaches this weekend here in North Country. I'll be out Saturday, Sunday and Monday, if anyone's gonna be around, give a shout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Camp Ellis Schoolies & Keeper!!!

LOL, funny story man, I can assure you that YOU WILL NOT need to baby-sit me. Well.....not much anyway!!! Looking forward to hooking up this weekend.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:25 PM

Good to hear the schoolies are finally in. I'll be at the UNE side of the Saco at the kiosk later tonight trying out some worms and maybe a few lures. I'll be living on beach street the beginning of the month striperhyper so let me know if you ever want to go out. Haven't fished the camp ellis side of the jetty much but I wont need to be baby sitted....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Young salt

Sounds good to me man, I live on Portland Ave behind Radley's Market right around the corner from ya. I fish the beach all summer long at the end of Walnut Street so you'll definitely be hearing from me. As a matter of fact, I'll be out this weekend (Saturday night, Sunday morning and/or night as well as Monday) with at least 1 other member from this site, maybe 2.......your more than welcome to join us if you'll be around. One other note for anyone fishing the area, the bait shop @ Camp Ellis now has a 24 hour bait vending machine (clams, sand worms, mackerel, herring etc....) in the parking lot and the Getty down the hill from Rite Aid just installed a frozen bait cooler (I think they're open 'til 11 or 12 in the summer). I don't know about you guys, but more than once I've gotten "the itch" late @ night only to realize I don't have any/enough bait!!! Hopefully this will solve that problem. Good luck fella's, hit 'em hard!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 05-29-2008, 03:46 PM
swabbie

Your so right about it turning into "work" when you have to do everything for your friends. I guess that's what life is like for a mate on a charter boat... Sometimes I bring out some of my knuckle head friends who "fish" and after an hour of me doing all the work and them not catching any fish they start making comments about my ability to put them on the fish. That's when I ask them if they want to go "shark fishing" and take them to my honey hole for dog fish which unfortunately are very easy to catch in Boston come summer. They bring in a few dogs with great excitement and quickly pronounce me the "best shark fisherman they've ever known". I get a good laugh at them bragging about catching trash although I still have to take the damned dogs off the hook for them :)
Old 05-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Striper Hunter

Yes any and all, come on out!!!! Its like a mini-gathering ;0) All day starting early in the am and into the night sounds good to me.

Hope to meet some of you there!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:17 PM

Caught a keeper today at UNE in the cove from the kiosk. 20 and a half inches actually grilling it up right now. I am off on Sunday so let me know what your plans for fishing are I'll definitely try to meet up with you guys.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:41 AM
(formerly brian21johansen)

They bring in a few dogs with great excitement and quickly pronounce me the "best shark fisherman they've ever known". I get a good laugh at them bragging about catching trash although I still have to take the damned dogs off the hook for them :)

I can relate.