Questions on wire line rod and reel - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Reels and Reel Maintenance
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Reels and Reel Maintenance Reel Maintenance and schematics - Discussion on spinning and conventional fishing reels - teardowns and hard to find parts

Old 01-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Official Member

Default Questions on wire line rod and reel

I’ve decided to make the leap and purchase a wire line rod and reel for jigging in deeper water. Currently I do all of my trolling with lead core but it’s tough to keep the jigs deep. What I’m wondering is if any one has any suggestions on which rod and reel to purchase? I’ve done some shopping and I’ve seen Penn and Daiwa have reels with brass spools and rods specific to wire line trolling. I’m willing to invest some money in one rod or reel if it will make a difference in performance. Any suggestions someone could provide on make and model as well as size and line weight would be appreciated. Essentially I have a basic idea of how to use the set up but I’m lacking knowledge of the tackle specifics. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Questions on wire line rod and reel

Right after posting I found the link below, so many of my questions have been answered, however if anyone has anything else to add it can only help. Thanks again and sorry for posting a repeat question.

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=7669