12-4-05 Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and Cape Henry - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > DelMarVA
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

DelMarVA Delaware, Maryland, Virginias, the Delaware River and Bay, Chesapeake Bay area. Regional discussion & reports.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Lunker

Default 12-4-05 Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and Cape Henry

Left the Marina around 8:00 AM and headed for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel High rise. We arived there about 9:20 and set up to live eel the pillings. The current was very slow. We eeled the pilings for about a hour with no luck at all. We decided to troll. We headed for the 3 and forth islands and set up to troll. We trolled for a good 2 hours and nothing but were starting to mark fish.
At 2:00 PM we hooked up to a Striper. We had a 12 year old boy and his dad with us so we let him have the first Striper. It was a 34 inch Striper. Turned out to be the biggest for the day.. We caught 7 stripers ranging from 21 inches to 34 iches. My son and I both brought in a 32 inch striper each.
2:00 PM 34 inch striper Cripple L spoon on a 3 way.
2:12 PM 25 inch striper silver and black stretch 25
2:25 PM 21 inch striper umbrella righ off a 3 way with
chartresuse Storms
2:46 PM 31 inch striper silver and black stretch 25
3:00PM 32 inch Striper Hallogram black and silver stretch 25
3:30 PM 23 inch striper Hallogram gold stretch 30
3:36 PM 32 inch striper hallogram gold stretch 30
We also were pulling a 48 oz mojo with a chartruese storm. It is such a large bait it would take a 40 plus fish to hit it normally. We also was experimenting with a new bait that kept getting tangled up. It did not work like it was supposed to. We will modify it for the next trip.
I kept the pressure on the striper I caught. When we got it in the boat by net and I was holding it up by the bait it broke the bait. The stretch trebble hook on the end split the lure and dropped the fish. The fish was not even moving when it happened. We were lucky to get that one into the boat.
The weather was around 50 degrees and the water temp in th upper 40's.
The water was choppy but not bad for our boat at all. Nothing like having a father and son fish together. The son proved to be a real fisherman just like his dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Lunker

Here are some pictures to go with the report.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:48 PM

Hey reel Nice fish. I just noticed this post. Seems like the holographs and the stretch lures produced that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelfishin
We also were pulling a 48 oz mojo with a chartruese storm. It is such a large bait it would take a 40 plus fish to hit it normally
I love large baits. Large baits big fish. That 12 year old will be hooked for life.
Dumb story I remember ditchin school and falling asleep at the harbor with a 9" bomber plug laying at the bottom of the drink attached to the end of my pole. Anyway when I woke up it was a 10 inch sea robbin that swallowed the whole lure. :shock: