Is there such a thing as a DAILY fishing report? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-20-2006, 02:37 PM
First Mate

Default Is there such a thing as a DAILY fishing report?

The reports I am familiar with come out weekly........Furthermore the guy is all over the place.............saltwater, freshwater, back to saltwater.....Rhode Island, MA, Cape Cod, North Shore, South Shore, NH, Maine. etc etc etc.....
No offense but fishing out of Pymouth Ma I don't give a (explitive) what they are catching in Maine!!!

I guess what I'm after is a more confined more frequent report. Any thoughts?

PS I'm familiar with Baymen's report for Dux, PLy, Kingston bay but his report is as specific as "we caught a fish in the water" which isn't that helpful!!
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Veteran Elite

I know where I fish, the best place to get a daily report is the Bait & Tackle Shop. They usually have a pretty good idea of what's what and where its happening at.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
First Mate

Not a bad idea except the lady who owns my local shop is about 106 years old!.......I'm not sure she even knows what month it is!
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 03:23 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

why do you need a report?????? I dont give a #$&% what anyone caught in my own river, I wasnt there! I'll go find my own fish, you should do the same.... Reports are only as acurate as the people giving them at the time of the catch, fish have fins and swim, what happend this morning or last night has little bearing on what might happen tonight or tomorrow, a front moves in, a school of bait move out, then the whole "report" is worthless and others call the reporter a liar....

Study your quarry, learn it's habbits and soon you can make you own report.... daily if you feel ambitious.... but I have a sneaky feeling that once you put in your time and have sucessfully found and caught fish, you wont be quite as quick to give up your honey hole...

tight lines

Roc
Old 06-20-2006, 03:43 PM
First Mate

Words of wisdom Roc! Thanks.............

As a novice I would still like to know when the Blues arrive, they start catching football tuna in the bay, when you can catch Cod, when the Stripers adapt to summer patterns etc etc........once I learn this stuff you're right I'll know and form my own report..........this IS just my first season with a fishing boat so I'm doing a whole lot of guesswork...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 PM

How have things been in Plymouth bay? We got a couple small schoolies, that's it.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:51 PM
First Mate

Not sure what you mean Moose...........
Old 06-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Jigologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus
why do you need a report?????? I dont give a #$&% what anyone caught in my own river, I wasnt there! I'll go find my own fish, you should do the same.... Reports are only as acurate as the people giving them at the time of the catch, fish have fins and swim, what happend this morning or last night has little bearing on what might happen tonight or tomorrow, a front moves in, a school of bait move out, then the whole "report" is worthless and others call the reporter a liar....

Study your quarry, learn it's habbits and soon you can make you own report.... daily if you feel ambitious.... but I have a sneaky feeling that once you put in your time and have sucessfully found and caught fish, you wont be quite as quick to give up your honey hole...

tight lines

Roc
I never give a current report... never... I wear myself to a frazzle to catch the fish I do.. I'll be damned if I'm gonna make it easy for someone else... unless their paying good money to do so.. :)
Old 06-21-2006, 10:31 AM
First Mate

yeah yeah..........I guess I hear what you're saying..
Old 06-21-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktherapy
Not sure what you mean Moose...........
I mean, how has Plymouth been? I think that is where your signature says you are from. Usually I have better luck there by now but we have gotten skunked a few times already.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:08 PM
First Mate

I've been out 3 times...........each time i've caught bass BUT nothing over say 20"................last year I took several keepers (before my boat) off the shore well into the bay/channel area.......
Though I must admit none between the end of June and beginning of September however.......

Thanks for the response...
Old 06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

i must agree with roc, i have been chasing reports from the cape cod canal for the past few years, never again. what someone caught one day can be completeley different the next. its insanity to chase a fish that has already been caught. a crowd of people fishing the same beach with the same bait at the same time can yeild drastically different results, same goes for boats too. the saying putting in your time seems to hold true. learning how to and where to catch em is what can equal a good report, even with knowledge comes those bad days, the days you dont want to report at all... :)
Old 06-23-2006, 04:32 PM
First Mate

Thanks.......you guys really are on the right track........why WOULD anyone care about a fish already caught!?

Old 06-23-2006, 04:54 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

for me it was a hard reality to realize, from where i live it takes me two hours driving to the canal, i have made that trip 5 times already this season, i cant help it. so many times i relied on reports only to be disappointed. last weekend i "heard" a good bite was on at a few spots i know about, so my back was feeling good so i was game. 2 hour drive each way + 13 hours of fishing 5 spots produced NOTHING !!! not even a nibble, i was so pissed(still am). instead of carefully planning, i chased a bite that was a few days old....never again.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 PM

I'm still in the learning stages of all of this so I listen to every fish story I can. Trying to find some correlation with what I think the fish are doing. Tonights fishfinder in the Enterprise was no help. I was thinking the exact opposite of what the reports say.