Looking to fish NJ Shore for the first time in April any suggestions? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Default Looking to fish NJ Shore for the first time in April any suggestions?

Hey everyone hows it going my name is John and im new on here . Everyone ready ? the time is approaching very quickly . i live on Cape Cod and wanna travel to NJ shore this april im looking for suggestions on good places to start my search for the first of the year ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Looking to fish NJ Shore for the first time in April any suggestions?

Welcome aboard John!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default Re: Looking to fish NJ Shore for the first time in April any suggestions?

Welcome!!!! I don't have a recommendation other than there is no better place to start than hell anywhere at this point!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Official Member

im on the cape brotha, in a few weeks if u wanna do some fishin pm me and let me kno. But im movin to walpole come may, so hopefully we get lucky early :)

O ya fyi, noone is guna post, on the internet, an exact location for u to fish, think about it. and then read the forums a lil bit. about every 3 days, a new guy will ask exactly whatyou just asked for, an exact spot. Patients man!!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripercrazy26 View Post
Hey everyone hows it going my name is John and im new on here . Everyone ready ? the time is approaching very quickly . i live on Cape Cod and wanna travel to NJ shore this april im looking for suggestions on good places to start my search for the first of the year ....
NJ has a lot of shoreline - where in Jersey are you staying ?

Shoot me a PM before you leave and I'll hook you up with what's going on up in my neck of the woods
Old 03-27-2009, 05:28 PM
LunkHead

I'll give it a shot without being (hopefully) too specific.

Starting from the west end of Raritan Bay, South Amboy to the tip of Sandy Hook gives you probably 30 miles of bayfront shoreline with hit or miss parking all along the way, some areas very accessible, some not. Your best chance at bass in early April, using your bait of choice.

From the tip of Sandy Hook going south to Asbury Park......all oceanfront.....good parking at Sandy Hook, followed by several towns with spotty parking, then some good parking, then back to neighborhoods right on the ocean with minimal, but possible, parking. Mostly a bait thing early April, plugs a possibility towards the end of the month.

From Asbury Park south to Long Beach Island, plenty of beach, plenty of parking. Pull up and fish.

Good Luck, good catching.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"