Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

JUST WONDERING WHY MANY GUY'S ARNT POSTING FISHING REPORTS

7K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  swalker 
#1 ·
I was wondering why nobody is posting any fishing reports. The fish are hitting pretty good up and down the coast so I figured there would be more guys posting how they have been doing. I know when I go I like to post about my trip to let everyone know whats going on. I would love to see more post from guys after there trips out looking for that elusive slammin bass. When I post I like to put The times I went, The area(not a specific spot. I would never post or ask for somones spot), the tide and the weather and how I did and what I was catching fish on. It would be great if more guys post some reports. For instance I fish the south jersey area. Mostly cape may area. I think its great when I see a post from somone down south that there was some nice bass caught or there were alot of baitfish around. It lets you know that the fish should me moving up soon. Im just saying this is a great web site with alot of knowledgeable, experienced fishermen and we could really have a greatsource of current fish information if more guys posted about there trips. I know i'll keep posting my reports when I go and look forward to hopefully see reports from guys up and down the coast.THE BASS ARE HERE LETS HOOKEM UP!!! :D :D :lol:

#2 ·
Smitty i didnt want to report my early season skunkings. :lol:
Actually i met chinookhead and sinu on staten island last sunday and we bagged some schoolies. Fishing the dropping tide at the fort. Smaller hooks bagged all little dinks that spent most of the day steelin bait. clams bloodworms and me with a deadsticken bunker heads. (no takers) :lol: Last friday night lots of hits and a dink or two. I need to get away from this puter and fish but forecast for the weekend is chitty. Might go anyway. Id like to see some reports as well . Thanks.

#3 ·
tHANKS for the report jim and thanks for fixing my log in problem. I had about the same trip this morning. Bad tide and just a few bumps. Wish I could of hit the tide better but I can only get out when I can. I really hope some more guys start posting reports. It really helps when you know what is going on in other areas..

#4 ·
Hows it going Smitty......

I have yet to start my season, a little late this year on account of birthdays. Trust me, when everyone starts getting into them, you'll be ambushed by reports.

I post every time i fish. just keep your eyes open in here.....

http://stripers247.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=125&sid=e70b86435881693c17aed2b360bdce08

Hope your enjoying your season Smitty and Tight Lines my friend.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

#6 ·
Eh Smitty,,,Thats an excellent idea. I read the posts to see how far up the coast the bass are. I,m thinking another 2-3 weeks for me to catch any up here in Nova Scotia. I,m not sure of alot of the nicknames for places you fellas use, so it is good when a state is mentioned. Later Dobb

#8 ·
:D Im glad to see there are other guys who are looking forward to some great bass reports. Dobbs if you are not sure where somone is talking about when they use the nickname for the area they are fishin just ask. I would never post or ask somone to post a specific spot but by all means if you are not sure of the area ask im sure they will be more then happy to tell you. For instance I post about a place called Corsons which is the north end of cape may county new jersey. I fish mostly the cape may area all year. Great fishin all the time. If you get a chance come on down and will slam some bass together. I would love to get a bunch of guys from the site together and try to meet up somewere and do some fishin. Then again that would be soooo many great anglers in one spot we would probably scare all the bass away. Any way looking forward to some great reports. :D :eek:

#13 ·
I generally don't post because my areas are so crowded nowadays it's flat out stupid and the last thing I want is to add to it but I'll give you this:

Anywhere on the Jersey side of the Raritan bayshore will produce and produce well as long as the wind is coming from any direction but south. If it's S, SE, SW...., yer on the wrong side, head to the SI side.

#15 ·
Yut, only about 2 weeks before the bite gets consistant. Will be doin' some freshwatah fashin tomorrow though fa trout N bucketmouths at me fave pond. And I will probably venture down to a spot I know of a little South, maybe end of this weekend (weather permitting), so I can get tha first Stripered Bassy of tha year 8)

#16 ·
Hey jbolt those freshwater largemouth can be a blast on nice ultelight tackle but ya def. need to get that first striped bassy of the season under your belt. It is probably still alittle chilly up there still huh. The water has broke 50 here now so it should really turn on just got to find where the slammin cow Iv'e been huntin for is hiding. Then bass cab be some sly devils when they want. Been trying to track down the bait so we'll see whats up. I found a spot in alittle stream were the herring are schooled up by the hundreds. In jersey you can take 30 a day with hook and line so hopefully i'll be feeding the stipers there favorite candy(herring) starting tomorrow. I float em live around the jettys and the surf and they usually bring in some big fish if they are there when I am. When I saw those herring stacked up in that stream so thick I thought my heart was gonna pop out of my chest. They are by far the best live bait I have ever used here. I'll let you know how I do. :twisted:

#17 ·
Ya, I fish freshwatah till my Striped friends get here. I usually start catching Stripers consistantly around May 15th, however I do catch some here and there sometimes during the first 2 weeks of May. The bite gets good around tha 15th though, if ya know wheya ta look ;) Unfortunately we do have to wait for them to migrate here, but I still have fun with the wickid light tackle targeting trout and largemouth's. I'm fortunate enough to have more than enough local spots around where I can catch 98% of the time.

I cant wait to run a buzzbait! I will be throwing some rooster tails tomorrow for Rainbow Trout in me fave pond, and my nephew will probably be throwing some dilly worms. Maybe some of those 5 pound Bucketmouths are awake and HUNGRY too. Will post a little report!

#19 ·
Hey jim. Good to hear from you. I am going to try to head out and get some live herring and head to the jetty tommorrow. In jersey we can catch 30 herring a day and I found a spot they are stacked up. First time with live herring this year so see what happens.

#20 ·
Jbolt let me know how you make out with those fresh bucketmouths. I have'nt even been out on the fresh yet which is not like me. The stripers are here so early I have been trying to pound on them instead I guess. Good luck and cook up one of the trout for me. UMM!!UMMMM!!! :lol:

#22 ·
finally back on and fishing south eastern rhode island

im finally back on after those log on and server problems. ive been fishing the area in rhode from the wall in jerusalem to matunuck about 3 times a week. (as a student i have the time to do that) :D theres tons of schoolies around. lots of fish in the 12-16 inch range. i had one fish that was 20 inches last thursday. i had work yesterday but my 2 buddies i fish with landed 17 schoolies in an hour or 2 from the wall. im looking foward to getting out once the weather clears up and hopefully there will be some decent fish around. i have a good feeling about this season 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.