Team Canada visits the Team Roc... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Team Canada visits the Team Roc...

Wild Dave couldnt have picked a worst week to come down, relentless storms, heavy wind, rain and fog made for a miseable week...Monday night into Tuesday looked like a good slot, although the clouds treatend at times we ended up having a decent night weather wise, because of the uncertainty in the forecast, I stayed"home" and opted to fish the river rather than risk running the beach...

I picked Dave and Megahn up at their cottage at 8:00, soon after we were trolling eels on the "Mac".. shortly after civil twilight we had a screamer, I set the hook and handed the rod off to Meghan, unfortunatly the fish wasnt solidly hooked and was lost in the hand off.... we spooked a few fish during the rising tide, but had no takers, the river fish have been very spooky and fussy when it comes to chow, about half tide, I began casting and had a solid take after a dozen half hearted taps, once again I handed the rod off to Meghan and the battle was joined, after a prolonged battle, Miss Megan bested a fish in the low 20lb range on my light #15 test outfit... great job Meghan!... Now we had fish all arond the boat, but as has been the protocol as of late, they had lock jaw, shortly latter the port troller laid down to the gunnel and Wild Dave jumped on the rod.... after another spirited battle, I netted another 20lb class fish for him... so the night went, we laughed talked about hunting fishing and life.. two vetran warrioriors from different cultures and countries, sharing what we like best about life...just being on the water or afield, any fish caught were a bonus, we stayed until the first streaks of grey dawn and a fog bank told us it was over...... We ended the night with 5 fish, the largest approx 30lbs, the smallest about 15lbs, one of the slower nights of the season ,.but one of the most enjoyable, which I was happy to be able to share with this fine Gentleman and his daughter from Canada...

Here's a few pictures from the night...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wild Dave and Meghan.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	7147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wild Dave 2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	7148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wild Dave.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	7149  
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Team Canada visits the Team Roc...

Very nice! Way to go Dave & Megan! Any opportunity to fish with Roccus is to be treasured
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

you got that right jacob...
congrats to megan and im sure a very proud father, wild dave. a night spent fishing with roc is a moment you will never forget, and usually some great fish are caught as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Young salt

If I may for a second........!!!!!! I sit here laughing 'cause of my many fishing expeditions, 99% of which are from shore, I've never caught fish in the 20-30 lb. range. Other than being in complete awe, I don't know what I'd do if I hooked onto a big'un like these. Oh it WILL happen, karma comes back around and the multitude of hours spent on the water will reward me with a cow one of these days!!! Congrats on some VERY nice fish Meghan & Dave, couldn't have happened to better people.............well, except me of course, but that's neither here nor there!!! J/K

GO

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 07-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

pissah! was it raining come the weekend? how was it then. i am glad i don't get nuts about this sport like i used to. getting people on fish and seeing a smile is so much fun. my failed attempt with cheech for not being prepared has given me a huge boost in morale as of late. way to go dave and meghan

Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 AM

congrats Dave and Meg,,nice looking fish. A trip of a lifetime,,to fish with Roccus.
Dobb
Old 07-26-2008, 07:32 AM

Wow beautiful fish congratsMemories of a trip like that carry a fisherman through many a cold winter.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Veteran Striper Chaser

Great fishing Canada. Looks like Roc hooked two more friends for life
Old 07-26-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus
this fine Gentleman and his daughter from Canada
I will second that.
Great job guys. Must have been awesome.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 PM

In this day and age, when most parents have neither the time nor interest to spend even a minute with their teenage kids, Dave is a one of a kind. He's raising a great daughter, avid in the ways of the outdoors and exposing her to a world far better than the common happenings. A great job he is doing indeed. I know her memories of Saco, and now, fishing with Roc will be the subject of stories to her Grandchildren mnay years from now. good job on the fish that made themselves available to you guys.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Veteran Elite

Where do I start...to fish with a man who has has evolved with his favorite sport into a science, his gear, his knowledge is matched equally to his quarry's strength and weaknesses...This is Fare Chase. Fighting fish of this caliber on 15 lb. test everything has to be perfect. When I went fishing with Roc he said " Don't bother bringing any gear " so I thought I would be using a guest rod that he had fine tuned. No he actually wants me and my daughter to fight fish with his favorite Lami. This rod had been refurbished three times with new guides and been with Roc longer than I've been married. Now I feel like a yellow belt that has been handed the Master's katana. But what a weapon it is, the feeling of landing both you and your daughter's biggest striper's with a rod that has struck fear deep in the heart of Merrimack stripers for decades was unforgetable. Everything with Roc is out of the top drawer, it just does get any better than that night on the Merrimack, swapping stories, the calm in between the storms, the heavy fog at dawn and watching those big cows swim away to fight another day. Many Thanks my Friend. Dave and Meghan

Last edited by Wild Dave; 07-27-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-27-2008, 06:12 PM
NukinFuts

Wild Dave, outstanding, looks like you and your daughter had a blast. What can you say about Roccus? Everything that I have read or saw about the man says nothing but a "class act" all the way.