any stripers in the searsport area being caught yet - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 06-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Official Member

Question any stripers in the searsport area being caught yet

a buddy of mine and myself have been striper fishing in the belfast searsport area, for a couple weeks now and nothing. has anyone caught anything in this area yet???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: any stripers in the searsport area being caught yet

Lately, i've heard that there have been some stripers trickling in, i've even heard of people catching them in bangor on bloodworms. But there havent been anything sizable yet. GOOD LUCK
Old 06-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Hunting Striper's Night And Day

The guys in the Bangor area are hushhush on there fishing success, dont let it fool you, weve had 15+lb fish for 3 weeks now. two of them being caught by me.ive got a 36" and a 42" so far in the last couple weeks, the irrony is that ive landed 6 fish this season and all have been above 26" there in here, bloodworms and herring work for me. figure the tide out and pay attention to whats going on around you, you'll find them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Striper Hunter

yeah, we havent heard anything about that yet. But that's not suprising about those people in bangor, pretty typical of them. I think i might try bucksport this week, just for kicks and giggles. All i want is just one slot fish and ill be happy.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Official Member

38"er off Searsport dock last night.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Hunting Striper's Night And Day

I went down there tuesday night, theres some big fish cruisin that beach and the beach side of the pier, last hour of the outgoing, less than 3 feet of water and you can see theyre shadows, i didnt see any hookups, tryed 3 hour old mack chunk but didnt give it a sniff, picky bass-turds.didnt like anything else for artificials i had, i think they were eating what i believe were shad, large schools of 3 to 4 inch silvery baitfish. From what i hear they have been there on the am tide all week. My bet is on a live tinker mack, theyre out there on the incoming tide halfway in. worked for me off the bridge in belfast. i dont think i spot burned anything, popular places, just more detail about the when.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:12 AM
Striper Hunter

Hey guys, newbie with a new kayak here. I live in Stockton and will be fishing out of searsport and stockton. Probably around the cape and sears island. I could use all the help you would be willing to give. I have been reading some of your old reports and it sounds like it could be a great spring!!! Give me a shout and if you see me rolling in the wash loosing all my gear PLEASE get it on video!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidhunter66 View Post
...and if you see me rolling in the wash loosing all my gear PLEASE get it on video!!!
Haha! Been there, done that! In Maine even Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanks jake. Seems to be a few mainers around this forum. Your a rare breed and hard to find on the other forums. I just received my ebay reels today couple penn trolling reels and a cabelas trolling reel. I have been looking for a pfd and dry top but it may have to wait for the funds to grow a bit more. I have the waders. Rods for the reels, a spinning combo....it never ends...lol. But there is time i wont get out on the bays till june to mid june. Anyone has any used stuff they can part with give me a shout. If anyone wants to hook up and cjase some freahwater stuff as soon as i pick up a pfd i will be chasing salmon in st. George or swan lake. Shoot me a pm.