Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Some Peanuts

Tags
peanuts
3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Mark P 
#1 ·
These are some Peanuts I have made for the fall.

One is Western Red Cedar should swim just below the surface. The Red Cedar is the thickest of the three I call the Body Design "The Fat Bastard" If you held it you would know why.

The Thinner slope head is Mahogany and will swim deeper. I am hoping for 3- 6 ft of depth on it. I will find out this weekend.

The Mini Pike is poplar and should swim in between the two.

They are all roughly 4" With Varying weight due to the wood types.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys the pattern is actually pretty simple. I don't mind sharing. The belly is white with a touch of green Minty look. graduating to pearlized gold, then pearlized copper over the top. Dark Brown stripe down the back and then translucent brown scales on the lateral line. with the Bunker accents in black and a red mouth. thumbsup.gif

I took them off the spinnerthis morning they look great in epoxy.

#5 ·
really nice.. i have grown fond of that particular plug. i actually don't let other people see those ones jimi did. i kinda like the "big piece of _ _ _ _ . i won't use the last word as that is the name Charlie S. gave for jims plug.. up to jimi to blab that..:smiliegrd:

#7 ·
What is thee size of these? Length, width and weight that is if you don't mind. I was thinking of maybe making a few like those. I have some swimmers but they are somewhat large. The plugs I have been making swim a few feet deep and I think one of the newer one or two might swim on the surface

#10 ·
They are only three inches long the thin hard wood ones are roughly 7/8 O.D. all over 2 ounces. The Fat Bastard is 1-1/8 OD and about 1.5 - 1.75 oz. They cast like bullets and swim real nice. Nice wobble and tail wiggle. Sorry it took so long to respond. I just made some for Montauk in Blue over pink over white in AYC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.