Your opinion - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Official Member

Default Your opinion

I went fishing on the aqueduct this passed weekend by an underpass of a bridge. Not sure if you all know what I'm talking about, but its a fishing spot located by the sided of a bridge that runs half way across the the aqueduct. Anyways, I got there and there was one person fishing by himself using two poles. I was polite and nice asked if there was any bites. He had taken the best and widest spot at the end of the underpass. So I stayed closer to the outer edge. The whole thing is pretty long enough for 10 ppl to fish. Suddenly he I hear him say, "why do you have to come fish right here." That got me pissed off and caught me off guard a little so I repled "what was that", Then he goes and says "why did you have to come fish right here and corner me , what if I catch a fish", I got pretty mad for some reason and told him " I don't F*** see your name on here and if you don't like fishing here then you can go somewhere else" The guy talked as if the whole bridge was his and he was whinning about it too. I was nice all the way until he started saying all this stuff. From the picture he was from where the larger section begins all the way to where i took the picture. I was about 5 feet from where the large section begins. DId I over react?? I've fished with other ppl there before and we all enjoyed the company, its just this one guy acting like this whole thing belonged to him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	underpass.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	16108  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Your opinion

One rod per person in an isolated spot like that would be considerate but we are not in a considerate society. I would however bring a large hefty bag and tidy up your spot. Would be embarrased to post that pic if i fished there. And screw that garvone and get even closer next time. Get a fish... other guy pulls up his line...simple considerate

Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Your opinion

Where is that spot at, I fish the duct alot down here in Patterson,ca But anyways you are going to run into people like that you did the right thing bro so keep that line tight.