Stripers Forever - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News > Stripers Forever
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers Forever This is a new forum dedicated to Stripers Forever and it's mission to make the Striped Bass a gamefish. You will find all the releases and info from Stripers Forever here. Please help support S.F. and it's cause!

Old 05-15-2010, 05:06 PM
First Mate

Default Stripers Forever

Is this a legit club?Their mission statement is in line with my beliefs.How many of you guys belong?
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 PM
swabbie

Default Re: Stripers Forever

It's legit. Some of the founders put a lot of work in back in the day to get the restictions in place to save the bass from certain doom. I'm not a member but I appreciate what they are trying to do even if I don't agree with all of it.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:55 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

1000% Legit. It is a free join also. The more people that are members the larger voice they have with legislators. When you join you will recieve political action updates regarding Issues pertininent to you as a recreational fisherman.

The organization is 100% run by volunteers and every dollar goes directly to striped bass conservation. Great group of guys.
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
First Mate

Why is it free to join?Where do they obtain funding?I for one would gladly spend a few bucks for a membership to promote Stripers as a Gamefish, as I'm sure many others would do?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Pro Staff

It is free to join because the organization needs as much support as possible in the way of numbers. It operates solely on donations and support from it's members and tackle manufacturers that support the game fish fight.

They offer hats and other swag for sale. They also have auctions for members through out the year of items that have been donated by members. Essentially that is how they keep the lights on.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcha View Post
I for one would gladly spend a few bucks for a membership to promote Stripers as a Gamefish, as I'm sure many others would do?
Many do donate for the cause every little bit helps. Not to mention they wouldn't want someone to not be a member due to financial constraints.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
Many do donate for the cause every little bit helps. Not to mention they wouldn't want someone to not be a member due to financial constraints.
O.K.There are no clubs whatsoever in Eastern Canada as of yet.I am always interested in the info. I receive from Stripers Forever.With the crazy movements of Bass I'm sure they are protecting our fish as well.I'd still love to know how many schools make their way from say Mass. to Eastern Canada?Anyone have any input on this?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Pro Staff

Stripers are migratory with predominant spawning grounds in the Hudson the Chesapeake. Therefore I would imagine any fish you see were at one point in Massachusetts. SF is not just a MA group. They are coastwide.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:24 PM

Butcha there also is some interesting anecdotal evidence here in this thread regarding any spawning activity in Canada.
https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/sh...ad.php?t=19989
There is also extensive research underway that will help revitalize and protect the stocks. In fact as you know there's a moratorium in the North Umberland straight, the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and all waters that drain into it.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:05 PM
First Mate

There are so many unknowns in the Striper world. I just got off the phone with a rep. from DFO Canada, concerning a tracking device I found in a Bass. He claims they still consider Stripers to be endangered. The Canadian Government does not seem to give a rats ass about Stripers.It's all about the mighty"Salmon" here.The DFO rep. says they don't even accept the Shubie-Stewi, rivers in N.S. as spawning areas. You can go to these rivers a literally see the fish! I have yet to see an enforcement officer from DFO, anywhere on the surf. There are so many short fish being kept it's not even funny.