fishing rod - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Official Member

Default fishing rod

looking for a good match to my ocean master baitcaster reel 20 series need some ideas on good rod to work rattle traps,top water and rapalas please help rhode island fishing show next weekend hope to buy then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: fishing rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmouth0314 View Post
looking for a good match to my ocean master baitcaster reel 20 series need some ideas on good rod to work rattle traps,top water and rapalas please help rhode island fishing show next weekend hope to buy then.
a fast tip rod would be a key thing to remember if it's light presentation you are working toward. that will not only work for the above mentioned but bucktails and jigs as well. i am gonna go out on a limb and say that in due time... that reel will have some noise and or bearing issues and you will ask me later this season how i knew that was gonna happen. regardless, i'd look into a better more dependable reel. for now,,, may as well keep it and use it. just be careful to clean it and don't drop it in the sand or dunk it in saltwater too much. set the drag and don't play with it. keep adequate line on it and you should be okay. as for a rod? chucking small stuff will warrant light line and perhaps an eight foot rod. too long of a rod may not be good for you. if at shop or show? you can google brand of rod and serial number to get specs... alot of rods will say 'FAST" on em but majority will just have the serial number. remember, it's a casting rod not a spinning rod. you will then know which one feels good to you. put the reel on the rod and see how you like it. any idiot can suggest a rod sight unseen. if your going to be in a venue where hundreds of rods are available then shop and get advise.. it's more fun to pick out the rod you like/want/need and feel comfortable with than to listen to boring people rambling on like this......

Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Official Member

Default Re: fishing rod

Zimno1 thank youi so much for imfo much appreciate it,take it you know this real,or someone who owned one,please let me know what you reccomend im on a pretty tite buget,and i really dont get out much because of that buget if you know what i mean,plus i usally go out with freind and hes the one with the boat,but any suggestions will do and be appreciate it thanks muchly lgmouth.