I am out. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Plugs and Plug Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Plugs and Plug Building This is our lure and plug building forum.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:17 AM

Default I am out.

Etex sucks. I friggin hate the crap, and any other 2 part epoxy for that matter. I do not care if every plug I coat with crab coat soaks up water and explodes after 1 fish, I will never use a 2 part epoxy again. I just lost my entire batch of plug swap plugs, my spinner let me down. The entire batch snapped and fell onto the bench and hours of work is ruined. Like I need this crap. My basement still floods every day, my job sucks, and I can't even keep a promise.
Roc, I will not accept a plug from this swap, I will send all back that are sent to me. I will send you mike's tomorrow.
I contemplated sending my plugs coated with the crab, but I could not allow you guy's to be guinea pigs.
%$^#@ %^$#& &^%)( ^(*4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 01:03 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: I am out.

im sorry to hear about the unfortunate disaster...all of us have had moments like that...it really sucks. as far as im concearned...you still get one of mine...you can square up with me next year...just focus on catching a few cows to get your mind off the bad hand you have been dealt with recently. im sure i speak for everyone when i say...youre friends are here to help you through whatever comes at you...as you would do the same for us... a soldier never leaves a man behind. take all the time you need to get a plug to me...i got all the time in the world.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:17 AM
First Mate

Gunny, That sucks. I've lost a few to eye hooks backing out. I now use a through wire since I coat before rigging. You're still getting one from me. You can return the favor some other time.......such as walking me through making a rod

We should do a test with crab coat this year. We should each coat a couple, and fish the sh&t out of them and report back the end of the season on how they held up. Sounds like another excuse to fire up the lathe.
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 12:06 PM
in awe of real fisherman

Sorry to hear gunny,
I had my fingers crossed for ya when I left! Guys, you should have seen what the man went through to get a spinner going , seriously....he tried everything...Sucks..th colors on these plugs Popped too...very cool! I would have quit and started long before...!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:32 PM

I feel your pain bro, I'm fed up with etex, not impressed with crab coat, and would joyfully light off my damn spinner (with accelerants) if I could find another way.
There's gotta be another friggin' way, aggravation being the mother of all invention.

PS Happy Birthday
Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Gary

That totally sucks - Sounds like the end of a bad run of luck to me.
I'm still sending one of mine. All I ask in return is fish the dang
thing a let me know what I did right or wrong and what I can do
better.

Gary
Old 05-08-2008, 11:29 PM
LunkHead

There is nothing stickier in the whole friggin' universe than a wood plug that has been coated with etex. I've had my share of "epoxy gone wild", but never lost a whole batch.
The worst was, for me, bringing up a fresh batch of plugs from the basement, after spinning all night, they were still just slightly tacky, I bring them up into my forced-hot-air-heat-zero-humidity living space to fully dry while I'm at work, and inadvertently allow 2 of them to get close enough to stick together......I thought I was going to need the Jaws of Life to get the damn things to come apart again, when they finally did, it was with a great big "CRACK" sound......it didn't do much to improve the finish.
So what I'm basically saying is, don't stress over a damn plug, go fishing and get on with it.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"