Lousy Fishing in Newburgh - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Lousy Fishing in Newburgh

Fished all day Friday and Saturday in Newburgh with nothing to show. Had a few hits on bloods without hookups, probably either schoolies or cats.

Every boat we talked to except one had no luck and we talked to a lot of boats! We just kept waiting for the fish to turn on and they never did. The water was still really muddy and about 53 degrees.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Lousy Fishing in Newburgh

Same story here. I was up sunday and not a touch in 6.5 hours. I got a story at the bait shop about the cold weather shutting down the fish but the water temp was the same as last week only the color was alot worse. I didn't mark nearly the fish i did last week and I hit all my spots to boot.
Hopefully next weekend.

Roughrider out
Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 AM
TRUE GRIT Off Shore Fishing Team

Went out with the Rodreaper and our bud Steve headed out this evening from 1830 to 2200 at the top of the tide drifted bloods in the bay around DP in 35 ft of water marks up and down water 57+ still murky and some debris. had some bumps then The Reaper hit a nice one almost 15# and a few minutes later number 2 at about 10, after three weeks the skunk was off him congrats stayed out on what was a very calm night till the markings and bite stopped. not bad for a short night. Tight Lines All.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	River Rose on the Hudson 05.11.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	15254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishing&boating 2011.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	15255  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 AM
2014 stripers caught - 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Grit View Post
Went out with the Rodreaper and our bud Steve headed out this evening from 1830 to 2200 at the top of the tide drifted bloods in the bay around DP in 35 ft of water marks up and down water 57+ still murky and some debris. had some bumps then The Reaper hit a nice one almost 15# and a few minutes later number 2 at about 10, after three weeks the skunk was off him congrats stayed out on what was a very calm night till the markings and bite stopped. not bad for a short night. Tight Lines All.
was at shore last evening. ansolutely nothing again...skunk is staying strong on our backs here
Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Striper Hunter

Nice job True Grit, we'll be out again Friday and Saturday to give them another go. Will be on Ch 68.

Nick
Old 05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
TRUE GRIT Off Shore Fishing Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff_Rider View Post
Nice job True Grit, we'll be out again Friday and Saturday to give them another go. Will be on Ch 68.

Nick
Ok perhaps we'll meet you out there. I'll be back out tonight & tomorrow night. Maybe tje weekend depending on the weather. Tight lines
Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 PM
2014 stripers caught - 0

fished this evening. once again no stripers....although we did get some herring from shore
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Striper Hunter

hey anglethedangle i hope you can help me out. Ive been busting my @#$ trying to catch some herring on the newburgh side, seeing as how bloods are so dam expensive. Can you tell me where/when/ and how to fish out herring?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM
2014 stripers caught - 0

We had a 2 man operation going. One person throws out a spinner bait, other nets the herring that follow. We were doing it from shore around no creeks. Usually u will see them rolling next to the shore. Also noticed if u liveline one, if u reel him back to shore, other herring will follow
Old 05-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Striper Hunter

anglethedangle when is the best time to catch herring in the river or in the creek? Is it better to go in the morning afternoon or night? Is it better when the tide is coming in or going down? And do you cast out from the newburgh side, because ive never seen herring in the river by the shore
Old 05-13-2011, 06:09 PM
2014 stripers caught - 0

usually anytime any tide. and yea im from newburgh side. its hard from shore, but if they are there, u will catch them. jus gota be there at the right place right time