Anyone catching - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Hampshire
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Hampshire New Hampshire striped bass fishing discussion & reports

Old 09-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Official Member

Default Anyone catching

Is anyone catching fish on nh sea coast? Portsmouth harbor Hampton harbor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Anyone catching

I realize that your post is almost 2 weeks old, but thought I would respond to it. I have been fishing from shore down by the power plant on the Piscataqua River and have had no luck, but I haven't invested huge amounts of time or effort either. I tried to fish during lunch and coffee breaks while at work, so just haven't been able to fish for hours at a time. As I'm sure you realize from your other posts and now from some experience, the tide rips through there at a good clip and I'm thinking the fish don't do a lot of eating while fighting a current like that, so I'm thinking your better up in the bays. I've heard that there is good fishing up the river in the Seabrook, but I've never been over. I'm a similar situation to you, I grew up in Saco and knew all the good fishing over on that river, but now that I'm over here and I'm having to learn where the stripers bite best, but don't have a lot of time to dedicate to finding them. Good luck, please let me know where you're finding them.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Anyone catching

Nh fishing report on September 11 said there are still schoolies in the river and in Hampton harbor with reports of feeding Frenze the weekend before the report. Maybe your just not trying the right spot of the river. I haven't had a chance to get out there this year but I'm hoping I will next year. It seams as though in my situation I would have to try earlier in the season. Because the water may just be to cold for them at the time I would normally be fishing for them in Narragansett bay.
Thanks the info hope you find the fish. If I find them before you I will keep you posted.