water temp - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default water temp

took the water temp today in new baltomore ny thats where i fish it was 39.1 how much longer geez its taking forever lol dam iam bitten again dam striper fever lol iI HERD TODAY THAT it wont be long just waiting for the water temp to be 43or 44 degrees then the herring will move up river .maybe another week I HOPE UNTILL NEXT TIME GOOD FISHING P.S HAS ANY BODY HERD OF ANY STRIPERS SOUTH OF MY LOCATION?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: water temp

The water temps certainly are odd for this time of year where I am, but thats a good thing for me. Im about 4 hours south of you, and they arrived in the chesapeake bay about 2 weeks prior to this posting, in pretty good bulk as well. The catch and release reports have been better then average, its looking like a great season! This weather is insane, however its keeping the water temp around 44 which should mean a good long trophy season!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Lunker

It is a backlash from all the SUVs traded in for hybrids last year. Plus I heard that $ 0.10 of every ticket sold for al gore's movie was donated to buy ice cubes. The idea was to dump tons of ice cubes in the oceans and slow down the 'global warming'. Looks like it is working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Cube View Post
The water temps certainly are odd for this time of year where I am, but thats a good thing for me. Im about 4 hours south of you, and they arrived in the chesapeake bay about 2 weeks prior to this posting, in pretty good bulk as well. The catch and release reports have been better then average, its looking like a great season! This weather is insane, however its keeping the water temp around 44 which should mean a good long trophy season!
I was actually wondering last night where the northbound Stripers were "clogging up" unwilling to go into water any colder than what they're already in, and saying to myself "damn, somebody must be having a great time dealing with a lot of stripers that should be long past them".
Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Smile Re: water temp

ANDYH I Herd The Fish Wer Down On The Long Island Sound OK HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Talking Re: water temp

stripers being cought in caskill I HAD A HERRING FOLLOW MY STOOLIE IN YESTERDAY BEFORE THE CRAP STARTED FALLING