Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Navigating and kayak fishing hudson

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  telinehan 
#1 ·
I bought a fishing kayak and live in putnam county new york. I've never kayaked in the huson before so i was looking for advice on how to navigate with the tides in the hudson. Also would like advice on what to fish for this time of year and how to do it on a kayak.
Thanks for the help
Tom

#2 ·
The striper run is pretty much over by now, so you probably would be looking to go for large mouth. There are schooies that hold over in the river year round.

When you launch, start off against the tide, and let the tide push you back to the launch when your tired.

I only fish it in the spring when the stripers are running, then I move onto panfish, then bass in the local lakes after that.

What did you get? I fish out of a Hobie Revo and a Pungo 120

#3 ·
I bought a jackson kayak cuda 12. Used it ounce so far. It cones with great options all the rod hilders you could want and alot of little storage features that are cool. Check out the video on u tube or there website.
I could also drive to the sound off of westchester. Can you still fish for stripers over there? I go to lakes alot and looking for bigger fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.