Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Size and types of hooks to use

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  smulax 
#1 ·
So Ive been wondering this for a little while... I know there is no standard for hooks or placement but why is it that some plugs have single hooks on the end, some have treble and some none... Is it all about the weight and or way the plug swims? Is it personal preference based upon what has worked for you in the past? What are YOU thinking when you choose and place your hooks?
Ive almost got the shop ready and I will be picking all of your brains as much as you will let me... :redbiggrin: Thanks

BryanL

#2 ·
it realy has more to do with the way the plug is made and how and wear you put the wait. not all need to have it some swimers i make have no lead in them.
this will be something you will need to figure out when you get some made what works best for you .
some of us will turn a plug and find its not working get all mad and than the idea of oh yah change hook size this is some of the fun of building thats tweeking the plugs.
good luck with your jurny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.