Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

boston Boat Ramps

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  rbenson002 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Yesterday I dropped my boat in at the state run ramp in Quincy, MA near the QYC. Needless to say, it SUCKED!! No dock to tie the boat up to. My buddy had to hold the boat while I parked the jeep. There must be better places!!I can't seem to find a web site that show addresses to the public boat ramps in MA. I have no problem paying a daily use charge. Can anyone make a suggestion and/or send me a link. I'm new to boating so all the experienced advice I get I'm very grateful for. Just to give you an idea of where I'm trailering from, I live in Newton. Thanks a lot

#2 ·
They used to have a dock near that ramp but I agree it sucks at anything close to low tide.

If you fish on the weekends I would recommend the ramp at the back of the Schraffts building in Charlestown. It's free but they only let you park there on weekends.

Or Town River marina has a good ramp in Quincy. You have to pay $10 though and it's not open off hours.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Weymouth has a good ramp, with plenty of room for launching and pulling a boat out at the same time. if I remember correctly. The only thing is that it takes a little while to get out to the harbor cause of all the no wake areas due to all the marinas and whatnot.

#9 ·
If you live in newton. Use the ramp on the Charles. Nonantum road near the rink. If you hit it right there's free parking. The lot used to be a lot bigger. The ride up the river isn't bad if your not in a hurry and a lot less aggravation.I launched my boat there for years. ( I am a Brighton kid ) but decided long ago a slip at marina bay was well worth the money. I use my boat 10 times as much now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.