Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Meet The Admins

Tags
admins meet
10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mu fish 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.
A little about me.
I am an avid striped bass fisherman, retired from 30 years of drudgery in the big city. (NY) I am 48 years old and live in Northeastern Pa. I fish mostly saltwater in New York, New Jersey and Long Island. I like to fish the Hudson and the Delaware rivers in the spring and make occasional trips to the Sweet water impoundments here in Pa. My community lake holds Largemouth, pickerel, pumkpinseed sunfish, crappy and is stocked with rainbow trout.

My administration experience is confined to this board, in fact this is the only board I frequent regularly or administer. My HTML and php knowledge is self taught and limited but adequate enough I guess.

The purpose for starting stripers247 was simple. I wanted a place where guys who were addicted like me could come and learn more about this awesome fish, network, exchange ideas, and teach others different ways to approach the sport and possibly even get together and fish with each other. There really wasn't any place where beginners could come and feel completely comfortable asking questions. There was also very little data and virtually no forums for the Hybrid striped bass. Most of the bigger and well established boards catered to the saltwater striper guys. I wanted to include the sweet water and the hybrid fishermen with their own forums from the interior United States as well as East Coast fishermen and surfcasters. In doing so I found some fascinating similarities and differences between all groups.

The hard fighting Hybrid or "Wiper" fascinated me as well. The Hybrid is the cross of the white bass with the striped bass. Most crosses are created by mixing roe from female true strains with the sperm of a male white bass. When the reversal is done (crossing a male striped bass with a female white bass) this is known as the reciprocal cross.
I also have learned from and gained friendships with some terrific hybrid fishermen who are on board as members and staff. But I want stripers247 to be a little bit more than just another one of the striper boards. I want it to stay free of flame throwing and BS. Pretty much we have stayed the course. Ours is a quiet little place where members help and respect each other. We are striving to keep on top of that.

So everyone have fun, and maybe learn a little something in the process. I sincerely hope you'll stop by every day and read and hopefully join in the discussions.

StriperJim

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey guys, was just looking through some of the older threads and came across this one. Since this thread was started back in 2007, the Stripers247.com website and forum has been purchased by Allcoast Media, and Striperjim has retired from the Administration team after more than 7 years of most excellent service to this community. We all wish him the best!

The day to day Administrative duties on this forum are now being handled primarily by me, with the support of a great team of moderators and an excellent behind the scenes technical support and advertising crew from Allcoast.

A lot of you guys know me already, but here's little about me for those of you who don't. I'm a transplant to the east coast from Missouri, having grown up fishing mostly for largemouth bass and catfish in the Missouri rivers & lakes. When I moved to Massachusetts in September 2004, I got into striped bass fishing for the first time and in May of 2005 I found Stripers247.com, which had just celebrated its first birthday. I found here a group of guys who were down to earth and always willing to help out a newbie like me as I learned the ropes of fishing for striped bass.

The mentorship I received from guys like Striperjim, Roccus, Zimno1, TonyDB, Gunny, and many others was invaluable and, though I'm sure I was a pest at times, they took the time to teach and helped speed the learning curve that all who are new to striped bass fishing must go through. Some of these guys are still around and some have moved on, but I will forever be in their debt. I still have much to learn, but it is my goal to help to carry on that torch and do what I can to in turn be a mentor to others the way these guys were for me when I was getting started.

In addition to my duties here as one of the administrators of this forum, I am also a founding member and current president of Stripercoast Surfcasters Club, a coast-wide striped bass surfcasting club geared toward uniting dedicated striped bass surfcasters on the eastern seaboard, and helping to provide a united voice on their behalf on issues such as the conservation of striped bass, protection of forage fish, and coastal access rights. I am also a member of Rhode Island Saltwater Anglers Association, Coastal Conservation Association, Montauk Surfcasters Association, and serve on the executive committee of the Massachusetts Chapter of Stripers Forever.

I recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the day I married my beautiful and patient bride, and am the proud father of two future surfcasters, Sophia (7), and Benjamin (5). :icon_thumright: I also work 55+ hrs a week at a desk job doing computer crap, technical support, and R&D in the decorated apparel industry.

OK,,, that's enough about me. My job here is to serve you guys, and if there's ever anything that I can do for you, just shoot me a PM here on the forum.

Thank you all for helping to make Stripers247.com the great community that it is!
Cheers!
Jake

#4 ·
Hello everyone.
A little about me.
I am an avid striped bass fisherman, retired from 30 years of drudgery in the big city. (NY) I am 48 years old and live in Northeastern Pa. I fish mostly saltwater in New York, New Jersey and Long Island. I like to fish the Hudson and the Delaware rivers in the spring and make occasional trips to the Sweet water impoundments here in Pa.
My administration experience is confined to this board, in fact this is the only board I frequent regularly or administer. My HTML and php knowledge is self taught and limited but adequate enough I guess.
Update - I am now 56 years old and still kickin and fishing. Despite some health problems Im just too stubborn to quit. I'm sure I will rig up a wheelchair with the moon wheels for shagwonk beach when and if the time comes. For now its still beach buggy / dead stick / eeling and maybe 50 casts. Not much walking and no marches.

I miss my fishing buddy Paulie L. (aka zimno, paulie oats) Don't know where he is. Its like he disappeared off the face of the earth.

Like to say Hello to Jake, Joe, Rick, Dave, 4290, Sudsy and all my old buddies. Wish the place continued success although it hasn't changed one iota since Ive been gone. The board is one of those solid vbulletins that are tried and true. Even the colors are the same. I guess that makes it feel familiar even if I rarely check in. Brings back a lot of good memories.
All the best to the guys who do the work now.

#6 ·
I

Keep on catch'en! Thanks for checking in buddy! Yeah where is zimno? I'm only on mainly in the spring and I don't post in the fall but those 300 hour seasons are still in effect for me. I'll continue to march and cast a 1000 cast for the both of us till I cannot no more. Salute to the #Legend Striperjim schooled me to my first bass on my first trip with eels!!! So glad to see your post!

#5 ·
Great to hear from you, Jim! All's well on this end. I miss you guys a lot and think of you often. I did hear from Paulie back in December. He said he was having some health issues, so keep him in your prayers. Joe is still around, and I'm thankful for his continued help with the moderating duties here. 4290 is well and focusing on family life. Haven't heard from the others you mentioned in some time. It'd be great to get some of the original crew back together for a reunion sometime.

Stay strong my friend!
Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.