Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

New to the Salt

Tags
salt
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JakeF 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have been fishing for twenty years, but mainly focused on freshwater species in local ponds and a little river fishing.

I grew up in nahant, Ma but never really gave saltwater fishing too much effort. I've caught a handful of stripers from shore, mostly in cutbait, a couple on artificials. Almost all my fishing has been done off Rocky shorelines near high tide during the summer.

Never caught anything bigger than one barely legal fish some 5-10 years back.

I moved back to MA from Arkansas this past November to tIe a job, and I want to focus more of my fishing efforts on saltwater species(bigger fish, stronger fight, New challenge).

I have been doing a lot of reading on the web and talking to everyone I can about fishing(tackle shop guys, other fisherman, co-workers, forums). I feel like I'm pretty much ready to tackle this upcoming season.

I hope you 'll have a great season, and I look forward to reading and posting on this site. At 30, I realize I don't know much. I can't wait to learn some new things and catch some fish.
If anyone is around the North shore MA area, and wants to get together, send me a PM and we can get together. I can supply bait or help with gassing up the boat.

-Joe

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.